"Henrik's Barcelona-page" Barcelona by Henrik_rrb

Barcelona Travel Guide: 9,538 reviews and 21,845 photos

Great weather and bad food

For me, as a Swede, it's for sure a quite amazing feeling to be able to lay on the beach in the beginning of November.
It's also a quite amazing feeling to go around in t-shirt all day, wearing just a shirt in the evening for dinner.
That's why I like Barcelona so much - the weather!

When I this time visited Barcelona I was happy to be able to stay for a whole week. It gave me much more time to really explore the Catalunyan city - and I wasn't disappontied.

Best memory, apart from the great weather, was my first visit at Nou Camp, the biggest football stadium in the city, home of FC Barcelona.

But there are so much more in the city of Gaudi, and even if Gaudi maybe isn't my favourite, it's still amazing to see all his work.

The bad part of Barcelona was the food. Not only because my brother got food poisoned, but the main reason was that the food in the restaurants quite often sucked. It's not fun to write, but the best food I had in Barcelona I bought in american fast food chains...

The people and the sights

To me the people in Barcelona reminded me a bit of the ones that lives in Milano, Italy. Friendly, but still quite closed. A bit stressed, and they won't help you if they don't really have to.

A bit reserved, but still nice, you might say.

Barcelona is famous, among other things, for the work of Gaudi. The most famous sight, except for Nou Camp (sorry all non-football lovers! ;) ) is La Sagrada Familia, the cathedral that still isn't finished.
A visit in Parc Guell is also nice, even if I got a bit disappointed in the end.

And, of course, Las Rambla is a much to see. At least once, then you'll be so tired of the street that you'll do your best to avoid it in the future... ;)

The olympic games

Back in 1992 the Olympic summer games were held in Barcelona, and that still is seen all over the city.
Mostly up on the mountain Montjuic, where you'll find both the Olympic stadium, the olympic parc and the swimstadium.
In the city center you can have a look at the olympic village, which nowadays is rebuilt into offices and the olympic harbour.
If I understood it rigth Barcelona was videly freshen up for the Olympics, so it thanks to the Games that the city today is so modern and nice.

The olympic stadium is nowadays home to Espanyol, the "little brother" in the Barcelona football. Although the club wants to move away, and build a new stadium.

A bit strange according to me, since I thought it was a nice and fresh stadium, even if the running tracks as usual destroys it all... Should be forbidden in football stadiums!

• Pros:The weather, the football
  • Cons:The stress and the food
  • In a nutshell:Needs better chefs, or more McDonalds...
  • Last visit to Barcelona: Nov 2005
  • Intro Updated Nov 22, 2005

• nyc2323's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2006 at 10:48 AM

I went to Barcelona by myself and met a few people from this site.......didn't make it back to my hotel until 8am the next day! :) Fantastic city!!

• Anjutka's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2006 at 3:25 PM

Nice page about Barcelona. Refreshed my memories.It is a pity, you didnt like the catalanian cousine.For me it was quite good!And I was also visiting locals and can say, they were very open and hospitable. I think, it cannot be in the other way in Spain:)

• xstacey's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2006 at 8:22 AM

FANTASTIC photo on your Barcelona page! I loved all the food in Spain... except for the pigeon. Just wasn't my sort of thing, I guess (o;

• Belsaita's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2006 at 6:33 AM

Next time ask us locals for places to eat... you'll change your mind! (and you do not need to break the bank... but if you want we have a few michelin stars here too :-)

• Shihar's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2006 at 2:56 PM

Bad food in Barcelona??? What??

• sotschi's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2006 at 1:22 PM

Liked your Barcelona page! Love that city myself!

• jenniferchin's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2006 at 4:57 PM

good one ! ;-))

• CALSF's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2005 at 4:06 PM

Idiots supporting Real Madrid? ;) I guess you don't like Beckham...

• xinoxano's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2005 at 5:41 AM

Yes, you chose the wrong places to eat (probably tourist traps we locals avoid). There are very goods restaurant in Barcelona specialized not only in Catalan food but in food from any contriy in the world.

• ncfg's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2005 at 12:04 PM

Great start! And yes, what about paella and tapas, they are greatttttttt

Henrik_rrb

“There is always a new place to see.”

Badges & Stats in Barcelona

Have you been to Barcelona?

Latest Activity in Barcelona