"Henrik's Barcelona-page" Barcelona by Henrik_rrb
Barcelona Travel Guide: 9,764 reviews and 22,676 photos
For me, as a Swede, it's for sure a quite amazing feeling to be able to lay on the beach in the beginning of November.
It's also a quite amazing feeling to go around in t-shirt all day, wearing just a shirt in the evening for dinner.
That's why I like Barcelona so much - the weather!
When I this time visited Barcelona I was happy to be able to stay for a whole week. It gave me much more time to really explore the Catalunyan city - and I wasn't disappontied.
Best memory, apart from the great weather, was my first visit at Nou Camp, the biggest football stadium in the city, home of FC Barcelona.
But there are so much more in the city of Gaudi, and even if Gaudi maybe isn't my favourite, it's still amazing to see all his work.
The bad part of Barcelona was the food. Not only because my brother got food poisoned, but the main reason was that the food in the restaurants quite often sucked. It's not fun to write, but the best food I had in Barcelona I bought in american fast food chains...
To me the people in Barcelona reminded me a bit of the ones that lives in Milano, Italy. Friendly, but still quite closed. A bit stressed, and they won't help you if they don't really have to.
A bit reserved, but still nice, you might say.
Barcelona is famous, among other things, for the work of Gaudi. The most famous sight, except for Nou Camp (sorry all non-football lovers! ;) ) is La Sagrada Familia, the cathedral that still isn't finished.
A visit in Parc Guell is also nice, even if I got a bit disappointed in the end.
And, of course, Las Rambla is a much to see. At least once, then you'll be so tired of the street that you'll do your best to avoid it in the future... ;)
Back in 1992 the Olympic summer games were held in Barcelona, and that still is seen all over the city.
Mostly up on the mountain Montjuic, where you'll find both the Olympic stadium, the olympic parc and the swimstadium.
In the city center you can have a look at the olympic village, which nowadays is rebuilt into offices and the olympic harbour.
If I understood it rigth Barcelona was videly freshen up for the Olympics, so it thanks to the Games that the city today is so modern and nice.
The olympic stadium is nowadays home to Espanyol, the "little brother" in the Barcelona football. Although the club wants to move away, and build a new stadium.
A bit strange according to me, since I thought it was a nice and fresh stadium, even if the running tracks as usual destroys it all... Should be forbidden in football stadiums!
- Pros:The weather, the football
- Cons:The stress and the food
- In a nutshell:Needs better chefs, or more McDonalds...
The atmosphere at Barcelona games, as at most games in Spain, is very family-minded. There are no big groups of... more travel advice
The Columbus-momument (called Colon, since that is the name of Columbus in spanish apperantly) immediately made me think... more travel advice
Henrik_rrb's Related Pages
Barcelona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Barcelona es bona..."
- "Seamandrew's Barcelona Page"
- "Truly Catalunya, Truly Spain"
- "The capital of County of Barcelona"
- "Barcelona,one of the most beautiful Spanish cities"
- "Addictive Barcelona"
- "BCN, a mediterranean capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Barcelona
- Hotels in Barcelona
- Transportation in Barcelona
- Nightlife in Barcelona
- Restaurants in Barcelona
- Shopping in Barcelona
- Warnings and Dangers in Barcelona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Barcelona
- 9 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Barcelona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barcelona
- updated a Barcelona Travel Page "Henrik's Barcelona-page"
- Posted in Travel Singapore Forum "Re: 7 hour stopover in Singapore"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The biggest stadium I've ever seen..."
- Wrote a Review Part II about Camp Nou Stadium in Barcelona Things to Do
- Commented on one of Azhut's Barcelona travel pages
Photos in BarcelonaSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 46 reviews, 146 photos
- Rome Intro, 38 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 73 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 56 reviews, 77 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 17 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenada Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dublin Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vaduz Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos