"Henrik's Göteborg page" Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg by Henrik_rrb
Göteborg Travel Guide: 900 reviews and 1,723 photos
After living in Kungsbacka for most of my life I decided it was time to move on. Since 2006 I'm now living in the beautiful city of Gothenburg.
It's the second biggest town in Sweden, and located on the west coast of Sweden. Around 600 000 people lives in the city including it's surroundings.
Most famous places are the amusment park Liseberg, the big street Avenyn, the huge football stadium Ullevi and the science center Universeum.
Earlier Göteborg's harbour was a very important place, where they builded huge ships to send away stuff all over the world. Most of the things that got imported to Sweden also came via the city's harbour.
Nowadays the place has changed quite much, and the harbour isn't either so huge or important anymore. There are ferrys going to Denmark and Germany, but the really big ships rarely come here anymore.
Instead the harbour has changed into a very cosy place with nice parks, apartements and houses.
The people in Gothenburg are famous for being nice and happy. And the "Göteborg-humour" is famous all over the country. Not sure if it's good or bad though... ;)
Sweden's most famous football team is also from Göteborg. IFK Göteborg have played in the Champions League five times (reached the quarter finals 1994/95) and have won the swedish championship 18 times. They also won the Uefacup twice, in 1982 and 1987.
Göteborg is most beautiful in the summertime, when people sit outside on Avenyn, drinking a couple of beers and looking at all the girls who walks by with their new summer style-clothes.
Or goes to Slottskogen, the big park in the city, where they can play games, or just sunbath.
- Pros:Friendly town
- Cons:As always with Sweden - the weather
- In a nutshell:Lovely during the summer!
In 1907 the ship Barken Viking did its maiden trip, going from Copenhagen to Hamburg. During the next 40 years it... more travel advice
The last 28 years Göteborgsvarvet, a half marathon, has been ran in Gothenburg in May. In 2007 there were 40 000 runners... more travel advice
- See All Lilla London/Little London
- History of Gothenburg
- See All Lisebergslinjen - the old tram
Henrik_rrb's Related Pages
Göteborg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A nice place to grow up in"
- "Henrik's Göteborg page"
- "Where the seagulls cry"
- "Goteborg - Sweden's maritime city"
- "Heaven should be spelt: "Gbg"."
- "IFK Göteborg - king of the town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Göteborg
- Hotels in Göteborg
- Transportation in Göteborg
- Nightlife in Göteborg
- Restaurants in Göteborg
- Shopping in Göteborg
- Warnings and Dangers in Göteborg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Göteborg
- 56 Reviews
- 77 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 28 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Göteborg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Göteborg
Photos in GöteborgSee All Photos (77)
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 46 reviews, 146 photos
- Rome Intro, 38 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 73 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 56 reviews, 77 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 17 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenada Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dublin Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vaduz Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos