"Henrik's Tanumshede page" Tanumshede by Henrik_rrb
Tanumshede Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 60 photos
Tanumshede is a small village on the west side coast of Sweden, in an area called Bohuslän. It's world famous for its runes, or rock carvings, which are on Unesco's World Heritage list.
The whole area is 45 km2 and contains 450 different carving sites. There is also a museum, Vitlycke museum, which can give you more information about the history behind the runes.
Tanumshede and Tanum are about 1,5 hour drive north from Gothenburg. The easiest way to get there is by car, just following the highway E6 from Gothenburg towards Oslo.
But it's also possible to go by bus or train. Bus 871 from Gothenburg Central brings you there directly while bus 841 goes to Torp and from there you just take bus 870 to Tanumshede.
For more info, check www.vasttrafik.se
Just remember that from the station it's quite a walk to the sites, so a car is by far the best transport.
- Pros:Fantastic historical site
- Cons:The need of a car, as the sites are far from each other.
- In a nutshell:For every person interested in history.
The runes are located all over the place around Tanumshede, but Vitlycke Museum is a good starting point. Located around... more travel advice
Henrik_rrb's Related Pages
Tanumshede Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Henrik's Tanumshede page"
- "The first World Culture Heritage in Sweden"
- "Tanum - A world heritage site"
- "Prehistoric times"
- "Bronze Age Beauty in Bohuslän"
- "Fascinating Tanum"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tanumshede
- Restaurants in Tanumshede
- Warnings and Dangers in Tanumshede
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tanumshede
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Tanumshede?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tanumshede
Photos in TanumshedeSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 46 reviews, 146 photos
- Rome Intro, 38 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 73 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 56 reviews, 77 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 17 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenada Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dublin Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vaduz Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos