"Henrik's Växjö page" Top 5 Page for this destination Växjö by Henrik_rrb

Växjö Travel Guide: 72 reviews and 170 photos

Some days I love my job more than normally, and that's when I'm sent off to cover a game or sport event in a city where I haven't been before, or for a long time.

In January 2012 I was sent to the Swedish city Växjö to cover a game of ice hockey with the local heroes Växjö Lakers.
I managed to drive off early, so I had time for some nice sightseeing too, even if the days in January aren't as long and bright as I had wished for.

Växjö is situated in the south east of Sweden. It's Sweden's 19th biggest city, with more than 60 000 inhabitants.

Except for the hockey, football team and tennis players (Växjö Lakers and Öster and Mats Wilander and Jonas Björkman) the city and the area is mostly famous for their fantastic glassblowers.

During my day here I managed to visit the Kronoberg's Castle ruins, the glass museum, the cathedral, the viking rune stone and the hockey stadium before I ended the evening with a late visit to the local McDonalds.

• Pros:Friendly town with interesting historical sites.
  • Cons:Nothing open in the evening
  • In a nutshell:Fun but short trip
  • Last visit to Växjö: Jan 2012
  • Intro Updated Jan 7, 2012

• DSwede's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Växjö hosts a Minnesota festival too which many Americans come to visit to reconnect. Its on my to-do list. Thanks for sharing the other info!

Henrik_rrb

“There is always a new place to see.”

Badges & Stats in Växjö