"Henrik's Florence-page" Florence by Henrik_rrb

Florence Travel Guide: 5,034 reviews and 11,002 photos

Everytime my friends asks me about Florence I say "Don't go there! There are soooo many tourists that it's not worth it!".

Well... It's not totally true... There are sooo many tourists, but Florence is still worth a visit.
But I believe that if I at least makes my friends don't go there, there will be some less tourists when I go there myself... :)

So, don't tell anyone, but Florence is really a fantastic city!

The party-city

With so many tourists and foreign students in the city it's not strange that Florence, according to me, is one of the best party cities ever!
Will write more about this later, when I get some spare time, but for now I just put up some photos from my last trip here.

Me and my brother went with two other Swedish guys to Maracana, the Brazilian nightclub.

And yes, there were some party alright... :)

Maracana starts as a restaurant, where I definately recommend you to try to meat buffe!
To the dinner there is a dance show, and after midnight the place change into a nightclub.

The photo shows me and Mikael, just moments after the night club started...

And... this photo shows me and Mikael "a bit" later during the evening... ;)
Don't think heineken and corona was such a good mix though...

• Pros:The city itself, the party
  • Cons:More people speaking english than italian there...
  • In a nutshell:Still - go there!
  • Last visit to Florence: Apr 2009
  • Intro Updated Jul 13, 2009

• Jun 20, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Thanks for the beautiful picture, Henrik. My son just informed me that he got engaged to be married last night at sunset at the Piazalle Michelangelo. Your photo brought me to the time and place! Thanks!

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2009 at 1:48 AM

I'm going to Florence in a couple of days. Piazzale Michelangelo; not Piazza Michelangelo. Ciao!

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Nice Florence tips and great sunset photo at the piazza...never been there but maybe someday, thanks for sharing! Greetings from Arizona, Norman :)

• cpiers47's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2008 at 3:09 PM

Great Florence tips! I really need to get to a calcio match the next time I'm there...

• jo104's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2008 at 2:25 AM

great photos & excellent commentary this page is really enjoyable, Florence was the setting of Room with a view wish I spent more time there but pre-vt days on a bus not ideal at all thanks for sharing

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2008 at 1:18 AM

Hi Henrik! I absolutely loved reading your tips :-) I'm planning to visit Florence next year in autumn... when do you think low-season would begin? Greetings from Dubai / Jess

• BeatChick's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2008 at 7:19 PM

Your resto tips are divine - saved them all to my Florence folder! See, now THAT'S a tip - Mexican food (my faaaaaaavorite) in Florence! But no enchiladas?

• artonice's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2006 at 7:08 AM

Oh no !!I had missed Santa Croce:((Maybe next time if it comes.Thanks for reminding:)

• CALSF's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2006 at 2:29 PM

I wanted to see your Ponte Vecchio pic again. I hope I can get there in '06. It's a dream & a longshot, but miracles do happen sometimes... Yes, my dream came true to see Florence in '06. Glad you got some Rio flavor in Firenze! :)

• ncfg's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2004 at 1:48 PM

Now i know why you didn’t want to make this page!!!! Because you don’t want your friends goes there, one more tourist …. LOL That bridge is fantastic … people are living inside the bridge .. interesting. Great beginning Henrik, waiting for more.

Henrik_rrb

“There is always a new place to see.”

Badges & Stats in Florence

Have you been to Florence?

Latest Activity in Florence