"Milan" Top 5 Page for this destination Milan by Henrik_rrb

Milan Travel Guide: 2,840 reviews and 7,134 photos

Milan, the best place in Italy! I've spent nearly two years in this town, and it has everything you might ask for. Except a beach, ocean, my swedish favorite-pizza and a few more things. But still, I love this city!
Many people say the city and it's people are cold and unfriendly, but nothing could be more wrong. Unlike Firenze and Rome, Milan isn't full of tourist and the typical tourist-traps. Instead it's a town of fashion, of football and probably the town that best gives you the north-italian culture. If you prefer the lazy tempo you might think the italians have -go to Rome, Napoli or another city in the south. If you prefer the faster tempo the north europeans have - go to Milan.
During my 17 months in Milano I have had so much fun, met so many friends, learned so many new things. At this page I hope to be able to give you some things you can use if you're coming here, things that I've learnt during my time here.

• Pros:The football, girls and beer
  • Cons:The weather
  • In a nutshell:Best time of my life!
  • Last visit to Milan: Sep 2011
  • Intro Updated Sep 29, 2011

• Mar 16, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Haha - it's a lot of fun reading your tips! Zara's a very favourite store of mine as well. Will be back for the rest later. Cheers, Marina :-)))

• eugini2001's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2009 at 4:36 AM

My trip was a blast, thanks to your page, advises and your warm replies! Thanks again!

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2009 at 6:23 AM

Henrik, these Milan tips helped me during our trip to Milan but we missed seeing the Sempione arch which Cristian_uluru said was also copied by the Arc de Trioumphe...and the Last Supper was a great experience...Thanks, Norman :)

• perfectly_zen's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Loved your page...essencial detailed information!! And the pictures...amazing! Congratulations!

• Apr 21, 2009 at 11:00 PM

Hi, just wondering if Hotel Serena have rooms that come with attached bathroom. =)

• Turska's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2008 at 6:59 AM

You must have been in every bar in Milan!!

• PALLINA's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2008 at 11:17 PM

Great Milan home page! but, if I may ask, what did you do in Milan? Very nice tips! I visited Goteborg in 2006 and found it very nice also, the people also!

• skywalkerbeth's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2007 at 5:50 PM

Dolce & Gabbana, ooh lala! I wish I had spent time in Milan after seeing your pages! (we went straight to Lake Como)

• CALSF's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2007 at 3:25 PM

Ah, now I think I remember what you told me about your Bridgetown experience if I'm not mistaken! Nope, none of that stuff we got just alot of 'You need a taxi?' questions. Pretty tame in comparison to your experience, right? ;)

• Jun 22, 2007 at 4:15 PM

I am from South Africa. We are going to visit Milan in Sept. for the Italian Grand Prix. Your pages have been most helpful. Many thanks and warm regards, Wilma

Henrik_rrb Used To Live Here!

Henrik_rrb

“There is always a new place to see.”

Badges & Stats in Milan