"Symi 2011" Symi by helenjones
Symi Travel Guide: 226 reviews and 366 photos
Symi's a great place to visit towards the end of the season when the hordes have gone home. I really don't think I'd be that impressed if I had to battle to get a table at a restaurant by the sea. We spent a week here and met up with some friends so it was a fairly chilled affair of doing not much at all which is exactly what we needed after a long and busy summer. You really don't need to leave the Yialos (the harbour) area at all if you choose not to although you'd be missing out if you didn't take the trip up the Kali Strata, which was, at one time, the only route up into the old village. It is still used now for donkeying up building materials to places that four-wheeled transpot can't get to. One thing people should be aware of though is that it is often a steep climb to reach your accommodation so if you are physically challenged in any way then this would be something you'd need to check out before booking.
helenjones' Related Pages
Symi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Symi..A place to return to again and again and ..."
- "Light and Shade of Symi"
- "Symi Town"
- "CHARMING SYMI"
- "Simy Island"
- "Symi, Dodecanese Island"
- "Sailing to the wonderful Symi"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Symi
- Hotels in Symi
- Transportation in Symi
- Nightlife in Symi
- Restaurants in Symi
- Shopping in Symi
- Warnings and Dangers in Symi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Symi
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Symi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Symi
Top 10 Pages
- Siracusa Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Palermo Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Milazzo Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Agrigento Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Tory Island Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Sicilia Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Plovdiv Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Isola Stromboli Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Selinunte Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Paris Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
No friends yet.