"Brugge – Medieval, Magical and Moorish!" Brugge by Joan40
Brugge Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 34 photos
The Markt, a beautiful square surrounded by cafes, restaurants and the buildings that make the town what it is, where the old stays old and the new just fades into the background. The perfect place to sit with a coffee and watch the world go by.
Please take a boat trip, it’s a great way to see the city and the boat men are very good guides, or just stroll around and admire the wonderful architecture. On lots of pieces of art and sculpture you will find carved frogs – just look very closely. And make sure you look up at the buildings, otherwise you may just miss something.
My favourite, I always look out for this little fellow, I think he is really cute, with his “punk” mane. This is another good way to see the town and get your bearings. You can get a horse and carriage ride from the Markt Square.
- Pros:Lots of old and wonderful things to see
- Cons:Very quite in January through to March
- In a nutshell:Beautiful Brugge!!
Everywhere you look in Brugge history abounds. Many of the houses and shops have their original trades depicted on the... more travel advice
Joan40's Related Pages
Brugge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brugge – Medieval, Magical and Moorish!"
- "A wet winter day trip to Brugge, Belgium"
- "Brugge...yhe most romantic town in Belgium"
- "Super Place"
- "Shopping in Brugge, Belgium"
- "Brugge weekend trip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brugge
- Hotels in Brugge
- Restaurants in Brugge
- Shopping in Brugge
- Warnings and Dangers in Brugge
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Brugge
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Brugge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brugge
- Oostende Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- Alanya Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Brugge Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Cornwall Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos