"Most beautiful city in the World ???? Maybe !!!!" Sydney by jlanza29
Sydney Travel Guide: 5,798 reviews and 13,510 photos
Is this the Most beautiful city in the entire world ??? It could possibly be. A good arugment could be had for this AWESOME city. For those who have been here the arugment is valid. Maybe Paris, Rome, Hong Kong,....my vote is split.....Paris, and Sydney. Sydney might not have the ancient history like Paris or Rome, but what it lacks in history it makes up in people, sounds, and food !!!! The city could be seen in 4 or 5 days.....but it's such a long trip from the America's that it isn't fair if you don't spend more time here. The Sydneyer's as they are called are some of the friendiest people you will ever meet. They enjoy talking to the "Yanks" as we were often refered. The food is without a doubt great...and the wines produced here can go toe to toe with any of the first growth wines of France. The night life is something to be seen. The days are full of adventure, and the sights and sounds are almost undescribable......you got to see it to believe it !!!!! We spent tons and tons of money, but it was worth every penny....the Americans are liked (for a change) and the experince is something to be a part of !!!!
UPDATE : May 2008
Sydney is still my favorite city in the world, but I must say just like everwhere else the prices have shot thru the roof.....the first time I went to Sydney the exchange rate was $1.89 to $1.00 now it's almost even at $1.04 to the dollar !!!!
But it's still a charming, friendly and great city !!!!!!
A great place for a family vacation or Honeymoon spot !!!!!
- Pros:American's are liked, food, wine, people, excellent transportation within the city
- Cons:almost 15 hours non-stop from San Francisco
- In a nutshell:AWESOME !!!!!!
I must say the food here is excellent and the location superb (right on the Quay) the prices again are a bit steep but... more travel advice
I must say Doyles has a great location at the Quay but the prices have literally gone thru the roof for such a place.... more travel advice
jlanza29's Related Pages
Sydney Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What do you do with your weekend?"
- "Love Those Sydneysiders"
- "Sydney - For the discerning tourist"
- "Flying down Sydney Way..."
- "The best start to any adventure Down Under"
- "City of Water and Trees"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sydney
- Hotels in Sydney
- Transportation in Sydney
- Nightlife in Sydney
- Restaurants in Sydney
- Shopping in Sydney
- Warnings and Dangers in Sydney
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sydney
- 31 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Sydney?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sydney
- Uploaded a Photo to "Best Hotel in all of Australia ???? Probably"
- Posted in Travel Tokyo Forum "Re: tourist sites outside Tokyo"
- updated a Sydney Travel Page "Most beautiful city in the World ???? Maybe !!!!"
- Commented on one of holiday_princess's Sydney travel pages
- Wrote a Review Tasty food for a musuem cafe !!!! about Museum/Gallery Cafes in Sydney Restaurants
Photos in SydneySee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Kyoto Intro, 23 reviews, 81 photos
- Paris Intro, 33 reviews, 47 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 19 reviews, 53 photos
- Sydney Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- Miami Intro, 30 reviews, 34 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 22 reviews, 41 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 16 reviews, 43 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 22 reviews, 30 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
No friends yet.