"A lot better than 10 years ago !!!!!" Managua by jlanza29
Managua Travel Guide: 93 reviews and 339 photos
Managua is a capital city with no real tourist attractions. All places of interest are out of the city ......Canadians, and various European nationalities come to Nicaragua and head straight to the beach resorts an hour and half away. In the last 5 years major improvement have happened in the beach resorts.....but the city is slowly coming to life. Use lots of common sense traveling in Managua...leave all jewlery home, drive with the windows up and avoid badly lit streets at night !!!!! Cheap and decent food is very common, the US dollar goes a long way here. The nightlife is improving dramatically....with the right people you will find Managua unique !!!!
- Pros:cheap !!!!!
- Cons:Use lots of common sense
- In a nutshell:Cheaper and less touristy than neighbor Costa Rica
Managua is a city that can be extremely dangerous at night if you don't know where your going... so use extreme caution... more travel advice
Nicaragua has several national rums and beers ..... When I first visited almost 15 years ago .. I had tried the Toña... more travel advice
jlanza29's Related Pages
Managua Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Managua, Nicaragua"
- "Nicaragua´s Capital."
- "Work In Managua Since 10/2000"
- "Finally making it to my husband's homeland"
- "A lot better than 10 years ago !!!!!"
- "Delegation Home Base: Quaker House"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Managua
- Hotels in Managua
- Transportation in Managua
- Nightlife in Managua
- Restaurants in Managua
- Shopping in Managua
- Warnings and Dangers in Managua
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Managua
- 11 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Managua?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Managua
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 43 reviews, 76 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 23 reviews, 81 photos
- Reykjavík Intro, 28 reviews, 72 photos
- London Intro, 24 reviews, 74 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 19 reviews, 53 photos
- Miami Intro, 30 reviews, 38 photos
- Sydney Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 22 reviews, 41 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 16 reviews, 43 photos