"The City of Lights !!!!!" Paris by jlanza29
Paris Travel Guide: 23,123 reviews and 57,462 photos
Paris is all that is hyped up to be.....the sites, the sounds, the people, the food, the nightlife. I'll start by saying.....bring lots of money !!!!! Paris is pricey at all ends...from hotels rooms (average price for a decent room $300 US) to bottle water($3.50 in the metro vending machine) the price are high for the American traveler even more now the the Euro being so strong against the US dollar. Also, bring your patience.....The vast majority of French people will go half way with you when you try to communicate with them.....be courteous and you won't encounter any problems...I have yet to have a bad experience dealing with people directly...I speak enough French to get me by, but the people are extremely helpful when you try to communicate in there language. Most French people speak English and would be kind to help if asked politely. And finally bring your walking shoes, because you will do a BIG amount of walking !!!!!! Ideal time to see the major sites....I would say 6 days...enough to see all the sites in just Paris give yourself 10 days !!!! but boy you will spend a lot of CASH !!!!!!!!!! The most beautiful city in the world ??? Could be !!!!!!
WORTH EVERY PENNY !!!!!!!
Paris is best described like a huge movie set......you see it and almost can't believe it's real...you pinch yourself and ask yourself "Are you in a movie ???"
J'aime Paris !!!! I LOVE PARIS !!!!!!
- Pros:Sites, pastries, cheese, wine, bread,nightlife
- In a nutshell:Paris one of the most beautiful cities in the world
The Musée Rodin is a museum that was opened in 1919, dedicated to the works of the French sculptor Auguste Rodin. It has... more travel advice
I must say ... when it comes to eating in Paris ... the options are soooooo much you can drive yourself crazy .... We... more travel advice
- See All We had no choice !!!!
- See All Great hotel, Awesome location
- See All Use caution !!!!!
- See All Spectacular at best !!!!!
jlanza29's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "PARIS POUR LA CULTURE!"
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "The charm of Paris stays in its History"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 43 Reviews
- 76 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
Photos in ParisSee All Photos (76)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 43 reviews, 76 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Reykjavík Intro, 28 reviews, 72 photos
- London Intro, 24 reviews, 74 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 19 reviews, 53 photos
- Miami Intro, 30 reviews, 38 photos
- Sydney Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- Vienna Intro, 20 reviews, 44 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 22 reviews, 41 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos