"The City of Lights !!!!!" Paris by jlanza29

Paris Travel Guide: 22,707 reviews and 56,112 photos

Paris is all that is hyped up to be.....the sites, the sounds, the people, the food, the nightlife. I'll start by saying.....bring lots of money !!!!! Paris is pricey at all ends...from hotels rooms (average price for a decent room $300 US) to bottle water($3.50 in the metro vending machine) the price are high for the American traveler even more now the the Euro being so strong against the US dollar. Also, bring your patience.....The vast majority of French people will go half way with you when you try to communicate with them.....be courteous and you won't encounter any problems...I have yet to have a bad experience dealing with people directly...I speak enough French to get me by, but the people are extremely helpful when you try to communicate in there language. Most French people speak English and would be kind to help if asked politely. And finally bring your walking shoes, because you will do a BIG amount of walking !!!!!! Ideal time to see the major sites....I would say 6 days...enough to see all the sites in just Paris give yourself 10 days !!!! but boy you will spend a lot of CASH !!!!!!!!!! The most beautiful city in the world ??? Could be !!!!!!

WORTH EVERY PENNY !!!!!!!

Paris is best described like a huge movie set......you see it and almost can't believe it's real...you pinch yourself and ask yourself "Are you in a movie ???"

J'aime Paris !!!! I LOVE PARIS !!!!!!

• Pros:Sites, pastries, cheese, wine, bread,nightlife
  • Cons:pricey
  • In a nutshell:Paris one of the most beautiful cities in the world
  • Last visit to Paris: Feb 2013
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2014 at 1:56 AM

Me again, coming back to read your many updates and new tips since 2010. Unfortunately your recommendations are mostly well outside my price range, but it doesn't cost anything to look.

• jlanza29's Profile Photo
      Dec 8, 2014 at 7:14 AM

Yes I understand ... Paris is one of the most expensive place to travel too and one of the few places that spending a large amount of money is hard not to do. Thru experience I have learned that in Paris, you will pay premium for good food, good hotels, and good service .... as a student I never dreamed I would get an chance to experience Paris at the level I have now. Paris isn't for everyone also. :)

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Good informative page.

• jlanza29's Profile Photo
      Dec 2, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Thank you !!! just came back yesterday from a long weekend !!! can't get enough of it :)

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2011 at 1:47 AM

I hope to visit Paris soon. Ciao!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2010 at 5:12 AM

Yes, I've seen film crews making movies in Paris a couple of times, so it sometimes does seem like one big film set. I love riding around Paris on the Velib' bikes.

• Roadquill's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2005 at 12:05 AM

Funny tip about the "French Breakfast" at many of the hotels. When you can spend 5 euro for the same thing at one of the many coffee shops.

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2005 at 3:44 PM

Votre tips sont fantastique. You'd better drop by Sydney page & check my $20 Aussie Brekkie Restaurant tip with the 2 die 4 views of the Harbour, Bridge & Opera House.As much as I love Paris it doesn't have those (not with a decent feed at the same time).

• davequ's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2005 at 11:23 AM

Bonjour to a fellow member of the Tour d'Argent club. Excellent tips, thanks for sharing!

• kikita's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2004 at 7:44 PM

Good information on Paris, one of my all-time favorite cities!

jlanza29 Visits Here Frequently!

jlanza29

“Not all those who Wander are Lost”

Badges & Stats in Paris