Siena Sports & Outdoors Tips by Tijavi Top 5 Page for this destination
Siena Sports & Outdoors: 5 reviews and 10 photos
The rivalry between Tuscany's two major cities Florence and Siena hasn't really died down with the advent of peace in the peninsula. Today, a Serie A match between the two cities' flagship football clubs - Fiorentina of Florence and Siena's AC Siena - is probably as dramatic a bloody battle in the Middle Ages.
If you have the chance to see a Fiorentina-AC Siena match, grab that opportunity, not for the football that is played, but more so to experience a classic Florence-Siena rivalry. While in Siena, I did have this chance, and I was fortunate to stay at a hotel that strategically overlooks Siena's main football field (capacity: < 16,000). Not a really a big football fan, but the game proved exciting all the same, just by watching the fans' more-than-usual passion for their respective teams.
Theme: Sports Watching
More Reviews (29)
- See All Another hidden gem
- If it were not for the leaking roof...
- Bus is better alternative from Florence
- See All The contrade
Tijavi's Related Pages
Siena Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A thousand shades of brown"
- "Siena is wonderful place"
- "Siena: a good place to learn Italian :-)"
- "The true star of Tuscany"
- "Siena, the ochre city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Siena
- Hotels in Siena
- Transportation in Siena
- Nightlife in Siena
- Restaurants in Siena
- Shopping in Siena
- Warnings and Dangers in Siena
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Siena
- 30 Reviews
- 116 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Siena?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Siena
Photos in SienaSee All Photos (116)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 68 reviews, 204 photos
- Boston Intro, 49 reviews, 149 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 46 reviews, 137 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 32 reviews, 118 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siena Intro, 30 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 37 reviews, 97 photos
- Bologna Intro, 26 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 28 reviews, 96 photos, 2 travelogues
- Aleppo Intro, 22 reviews, 100 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 24 reviews, 85 photos, 2 travelogues
- Piazza del Campo- 115 Reviews, 227 Photos
- Duomo- 110 Reviews, 250 Photos
- Museo dell'opera del duomo- 10 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Museo Civico- 7 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Surroundings- 16 Reviews, 44 Photos
- wine and cellars- 6 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Loggia della Mercanzia- 5 Reviews, 15 Photos
- the PALIO- 9 Reviews, 12 Photos