"Amasra: Turkey's Amalfi" Top 5 Page for this destination Amasra by Tijavi
Amasra Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 255 photos
Amalfi? That may be stretching it too far (and I have never been to Amalfi), but certainly Amasra is a charming little town off the Black Sea coast. Its attraction lies not in its mediocre beach (plus the water is too cold for a swim, and this was in late May) but in its small village feel that is characterically laid back. Of course, the people are warm and friendly, in true Turkish fashion.
The village is popular with local tourists who descend upon Amasra's shores on summer weekends. I was there on a Sunday, and the town was indeed filled with weekend daytrippers from nearby cities. I was told that Amasra is popular with European backpackers as well, but have seen only a couple of senior Western tourists while I was there. So grab any opportunity to visit this quaint seaside town before hordes of package tourists invade the place.
- Pros:Small town vibe, lots of value-for-money lodging options
- Cons:Mediocre beach (if it's the beach you're after)
- In a nutshell:Quintessential pretty little town on the Black Sea coast
This place is packed during lunctime with weekend daytrippers. Tables are large, usually fit for a group of 8 (or more)... more travel advice
After a lovely dinner of grilled fish, local salad, and Efes (again!), I strolled around the beach area searching for a... more travel advice
Tijavi's Related Pages
Amasra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Amasra: Turkey's Amalfi"
- "Amasra - Atmospheric Black Sea Resort Town"
- "Very little green-blue town"
- "SLEEPING PRINCESS "AMASRA""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amasra
- Hotels in Amasra
- Transportation in Amasra
- Nightlife in Amasra
- Restaurants in Amasra
- Shopping in Amasra
- Warnings and Dangers in Amasra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amasra
- 9 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Amasra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amasra
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 68 reviews, 204 photos
- Boston Intro, 49 reviews, 149 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 46 reviews, 137 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 32 reviews, 118 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siena Intro, 30 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 37 reviews, 97 photos
- Bologna Intro, 26 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 28 reviews, 96 photos, 2 travelogues
- Aleppo Intro, 22 reviews, 100 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 24 reviews, 85 photos, 2 travelogues