"The magical, fantasy world of Kapadokya" Top 5 Page for this destination Goreme by Tijavi
Goreme Travel Guide: 512 reviews and 1,590 photos
Kapadokya's whimsical fairy chimneys and nature-scarred lunar landscape capture the essence of what 'otherworldly' represents. Whether viewed above from a hot air balloon or experienced up close, these magnificent wonders of nature create a feeling of being in another world - a magical, fantasy world that is as sublime as it is surreal. With Kapadokya, who needs to spend millions to fly to the moon or experience interplanetary tourism?
Beneath this out-of-this-world facade, Kapadokya is in reality 'earthly' at its core. The food is glorious, the wines are a revelation, and the village life that pervades (after weekend tourists have left, that is) is pleasantly rustic and friendly. Spiritually and culturally, those seeking more profound divine inspiration will rejoice in Kapadokya's Byzantine frescoes etched inside rock-cut churches.
The more I rhapsodize about Kapadokya's charms, the more I realize the three days I had there as not enough, and the more I dream of coming back. What is comforting is that unlike interplanetary tourism or utopias like the Land of Oz or Shangri-la, there is a fair chance of fulfilling my Kapadokyan dream. Yet again.
- Pros:Small town appeal, spectacular attractions
- Cons:Very touristy during major holidays
- In a nutshell:Best travel destination in central Turkey
Unlike the historical hamams in the other places in Turkey, the Elis Kapadokya Hamam was built with tourists in mind. It... more travel advice
As the name implies (Guvercinlik in Turkish), this area is filled with dovecotes - colorful dovecotes. Unfortunately,... more travel advice
Tijavi's Related Pages
Goreme Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MAGICAL CAPPADOCIA!"
- "Göreme and Cappadocia"
- "Goreme Open-Air Museum"
- "The magical, fantasy world of Kapadokya"
- "Goreme and Cappadocia"
- "For those who into art history"
- "out of this world"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Goreme
- Hotels in Goreme
- Transportation in Goreme
- Nightlife in Goreme
- Restaurants in Goreme
- Shopping in Goreme
- Warnings and Dangers in Goreme
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Goreme
- 22 Reviews
- 84 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Goreme?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Goreme
- Uploaded a Photo to "Underground city of Derinkuyu"
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Now EVERYTHING is timing out!"
- updated a Goreme Travel Page "The magical, fantasy world of Kapadokya"
- Commented on one of albaaust's Goreme travel pages
- Wrote a Review A hammam experience in Goreme in Goreme Things to Do
Photos in GoremeSee All Photos (84)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 68 reviews, 204 photos
- Boston Intro, 49 reviews, 149 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 46 reviews, 137 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 32 reviews, 118 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siena Intro, 30 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 37 reviews, 97 photos
- Bologna Intro, 26 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 28 reviews, 96 photos, 2 travelogues
- Aleppo Intro, 22 reviews, 100 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 24 reviews, 85 photos, 2 travelogues