"Celebrating Lucban's fiesta in splendid colors" Top 5 Page for this destination Lucban by Tijavi
Lucban Travel Guide: 95 reviews and 419 photos
If there is one thing that this quaint town in the foothills of Mt Banahaw is famous for, it would be the Pahiyas Festival - arguably the most colorful of Philippine fiestas.
Pahiyas is celebrated every 15th May to honor the patron saint of farmers, St. Isidore of Labrador (San Isidro de Labrador). Like most Philippine fiestas, the day is marked with merrymaking, eating and gathering of friends and families. But what makes Lucban's fiesta extra special are the colorful kipings (colored rice wafers) that adorn homes and stores - something that has attracted foreign and local visitors alike.
The traditional Pahiyas adornments consist of colorful rice wafers (kiping in the dialect) shaped into flowers, petals... more travel advice
Tijavi's Related Pages
Lucban Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Lucban Homepage"
- "Lucban - Tourist Destination & Pilgrim Site"
- "Celebrating Lucban's fiesta in splendid colors"
- "May 15 is Pahiyas Festival Mark the Date"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lucban
- Hotels in Lucban
- Transportation in Lucban
- Nightlife in Lucban
- Restaurants in Lucban
- Shopping in Lucban
- Warnings and Dangers in Lucban
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lucban
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Lucban?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lucban
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 68 reviews, 204 photos
- Boston Intro, 49 reviews, 149 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 46 reviews, 137 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 32 reviews, 118 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siena Intro, 30 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 37 reviews, 97 photos
- Bologna Intro, 26 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 28 reviews, 96 photos, 2 travelogues
- Aleppo Intro, 22 reviews, 100 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 24 reviews, 85 photos, 2 travelogues