"Desire to travel!" kmcabe1's Profile

2003-2007 Travel

Goodness, it has been years since I posted to this page! Since the last time I posted, I have traveled to: Spain, Portugal, Morroco, and Canada. I am ready for more adventure, so I am off to Australia - with some volunteering in Queensland. Still a teacher of children, adventurous, and getting older. My latests loves have been gardening: my garden is on two garden tours this year, and mosaics. Passionately in love with making mosaics!

Last year, my daughter Hannah and I, volunteered at the Blackfeet Indian Reservation in Browning, Montana. It was some adventure. Global Volunteers are a wonderful group and I highly recommend this type of travel for those who are one their own, or have children that need to learn to give back. Montana is a beautiful state, and they have great microbreweries, buffalo, freezing weather, open fields, and lots of problems with meth. Oh well. Very friendly people, and you have to drive for two hours to get anywhere!

Old Postings:

After a family, obligations, and lots of going to school, I have resuming my lifes passion - traveling. During the 2003 - 2004 year I began to do the thing I love the most, traveling. My life began traveling as my father was in the US Army. Every two to three years he would get orders from the US Army and off we would go, furniture and all. My childhood was spent in places like; Tacoma, Washington, Salt Lake City, Utha, Ft. Sills, Oklahoma, Munich, Germany, Ft. Riley, Kansas, El Paso, Texas, and Puyallup, Washington. I am currently living in California around the SF Bay Area. My traveling slowed down with adulthood, marriage, education, and careers. I did travel to places like Mexico, Colombia, Canada, and Hawaii, but not to the places of my dreams! So, I've started to dream my passions once again, and started to travel in the Spring of 2003. Once a year I take my 12 year old daughter with me, and then in the summer, I usually travel alone. My husband likes to visit safer places than I do - so he visits his family when I travel.

Travels: 2003-2004. Guatemala for Easter Week and Pasada Semana - Antigua, Guatemala City, Chichicastenago and the Indian markets, Flores and beautiful Tikal. Later in the year I traveled to Honduras - Pedro Sula, Ceiba, Utila (dove with a whale shark), and Copan Ruinas.

April, 2004 - My 12 year old daughter and visited friends in Ireland. We started in Dublin and then drove all over the Republic. Spectacular country! We stayed in Galway, went up to Conamara, Cliffs of Moher, Cobh (visited the graveyard of the Lusitania), and Kinsale. My daughter Hannah thought that that the Irish people were the kindest people she had ever met. I agree.

Later this year I plan on spending a month in Spain and Portugal. Thanks to all the members that have helped me set up my visit.

• Intro Updated Apr 23, 2007

• Travmad's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2007 at 6:01 AM

Have fun in Queensland!

• indoguy's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2004 at 3:25 AM

welcome to travel world....

• aadil's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2004 at 9:41 PM

Lovely travel motto!!! May all your travel dreams come true!!! And hope you enjoy all the travelling you do!!! If you ever come to my part of the world, do drop in to say hi!!!

• Jun 11, 2004 at 7:10 AM

Welcome to VT, Kathleen. Greetings from India.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
kmcabe1's Profile Photo

kmcabe1

“Die young as late in life as possible - travel more!”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.