"Survival Intructors Course" Bagotville by janricardo

Bagotville Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 7 photos

S.I.C 2003

Ok im not usually an emotional guy but i have to bring this up. I went to Bagotville quebec last summer for a survival instructor's course for air cadets. on this course i experienced the most challenging sutuations mentally and physically. i really got to know who i was and what teamwork really meant. i dont want to brag but this is how the course worked. 5 weeks of survival training in the woods. we lived in crampt tens of 12 guys. there were daily inspections like boot camp on our bunks and our uniforms which had to be ironed and polished everyday. but the amount of stress still wasnt enough. it was still and instructor course so we had to write lesson plans and actually re-teach what we had learned perviously. the final week was the most memorable part of the summer. it was surprise parctical test. we were left in the woods for 5 days with only a sweater. pants. and boots.

this experience wouldn't have been possible in a any other location. Lac sabastien was the perfect place to train and it made the whole experience worth it. on base we have a little tradition of writing our names and our sqn numbers on rocks just to remind the future candidates that we were in their spots at one point and that it is possible to pass the course if the really pushed hard enough. i dont really tell much people about this experience because i really get caught up in it. i guess it was my first real travelling experience so im glad to have shared with you. the struggle i went throught on this course taught me many lessons that could never be taught in the classroom....i hope all of your travelling experiences do the same thing for all of you..... peace

STAFF 2004

last summer i was called back to Bagotville. This time to train cadets. I kinda felt like Maverick in top guin when his commanding officer asked his to stay and teach. it was one of the best experiences of my life. i have hopes of becoming a teacher in the future and this summer got me in gear do everything i need to do to reach that goal. theres nothing like teaching and guiding students through a course thats mentally and physically demanding and watchings them graduate with a full sense of pride in themselves at the end of the summer. these dudes did pretty much everything i had to go through as a cadet on this survival course. it was such a good feeling knowing i took part in raising a new group of survival instructors.

family pic

my cadets and I after a swimming ex.

• Pros:everything
  • Cons:i missed my fwends..haaha
  • In a nutshell:I came to learn, i survived to teach
  • Last visit to Bagotville: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 14, 2005

Comments

janricardo's Related Pages

janricardo

“San Diego is really German for SAHN DEEYAHGO...”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Badges & Stats in Bagotville

Have you been to Bagotville?

Latest Activity in Bagotville