"Chesterton and the Indiana Dunes" Chesterton by left2write
Chesterton Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 52 photos
Located on the southern tip of Lake Michigan, the charming little town of Chesterton serves as a gateway to the Indiana Dunes. Just 40 or so miles east of the Chicago Loop, this handsome pocket of Northwest Indiana attracts artists and nature lovers, antiquers and city folk wanting a respite from the frazzle of the fast-lane.
Chesterton has been my family's home for 30 years and I grew up under the lifeguard stand at Indiana Dunes State Park, where my father had worked as a lifeguard in the summers. I know the dunes--including the surrounding Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore--like the back of my hand. And one of my favorite activities is taking photos of the dunes landscape in all seasons.
- Pros:Exceptional outdoor recreational opportunities; charming small town atmosphere, easily accessible, one hour to Chicago
- Cons:Chesterton is growing too fast!
- In a nutshell:Hoosier Hospitality blends with the scenic dunes landscape
left2write's Related Pages
Chesterton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Center of the Dunes"
- "footloose44's new Chesterton Page"
- "Chesterton and the Indiana Dunes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chesterton
- Transportation in Chesterton
- Nightlife in Chesterton
- Restaurants in Chesterton
- Shopping in Chesterton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chesterton
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Chesterton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chesterton
Top PagesSee All Travel Pages (3)
No friends yet.