"Esteli: Gateway to the Northern Mountains" Estelí by kfredson
Estelí Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 22 photos
Esteli may seem at first to be a dusty town, best known for its superb leather boots and the weather-beaten people to go with them. But the city grows on you, all the more so when you realize that it was the fulcrum of the long battle against the Somoza regime, which treated the city in a most brutal way. Many heroes here! The town square is lovely, the people most amiable. But the best part of the city is its connection with the surrounding countryside, so rich in scenery, campesinos and interesting projects. I love this part of Nicaragua!
It is a very worthwhile experience to see what a group of women have done to build a life for their families while... more travel advice
Back in the late '80's there was a great enthusiasm for creating vibrant, colorful murals. You can still find them on a... more travel advice
kfredson's Related Pages
Estelí Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Esteli: Gateway to the Northern Mountains"
- "ON MY WAY TO HONDURAS I STOPPED"
- "Sandinismo and cool air"
- "I fell in love with Esteli !!"
- "Esteli, ciudad mas linda en el norte de Nicaragua"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Estelí
- 9 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Estelí?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Estelí
Photos in EstelíSee All Photos (6)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salta Intro, 14 reviews, 10 photos
- Departamento de Estelí Intro, 12 reviews, 7 photos
- Estelí Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos
- New York City Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Granada 2 reviews
No friends yet.