"Shanghai" Shanghai by nabunay
Shanghai Travel Guide: 3,163 reviews and 8,254 photos
I have never experienced a culture shock in the countries i've visited thus far. Shangai is the first. It's ironical that although being a chinese, i would actually suffer a culture shock here, in another chinese land.
There's no doubt Shanghai is fast becoming a vibrant and happening city. But the people are still lacking of basic etiquette. I had to commute daily using the public bus from my sister's apartment to the city. So everyday, i witnessed the crude behaviour of the people. Their pushing and clambering up the bus. Their shouting and spitting. The young bullying the old over the seats. And eevryday, i would hear arguments on the buses i travelled on. The louder one is, the greater the chance of getting your way.
And as i walked the streets in the city, lost and seeking help, i only received rude stares and cold silent treatment. Otherwise, i practically had to run after them to hear their replies! It's totally exasperating!
The only truly enjoyable experience i had is the food. Delectable!
nabunay's Related Pages
Shanghai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sex and the city... so to speak."
- "Essence of Shanghai"
- "Shanghai! Its a lively city"
- "5 Days in Shanghai"
- "Shanghai - a classic blend of the old and the new"
- "Check out my blog - www.shanghai-eats.com"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shanghai
- Hotels in Shanghai
- Transportation in Shanghai
- Nightlife in Shanghai
- Restaurants in Shanghai
- Shopping in Shanghai
- Warnings and Dangers in Shanghai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shanghai
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Shanghai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shanghai
Photos in ShanghaiSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Rantepao Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Kei Kecil Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos
- Lombok Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Bandanaira Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 3 photos
- Beijing Intro, 3 photos
- Manado Intro, 3 photos
- Pulau Flores Intro, 3 photos
- Banjarmasin Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Tomohon Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
No friends yet.