"Sheikh Zayed Skyline" Dubai by Laerke
Dubai Travel Guide: 2,768 reviews and 8,185 photos
I believe that most people end up here either because of basic needs (also the reason why Dubai is growing like it is), because of luxery or buisness and investment.
It is a fascinating place seing how its developing.
Not long ago it was nothing but a village. If it hadnt been for the discovery of oil in 1966 it would still have been.
It doesnt have much history to offer, mostly history to come (Palm Island, The World islands, a desert skiing/snow centre, the tallest building Burj Dubai etc to be built) - and ofcourse the one and only 7 stared hotel Burj al Arab in function.
If youre dedicated to fierce heat and luxery - this is your place! However, if you want to get to know the real arabic culture go somewhere else....
A event that is exaggerated to make money and entrap tourists. Its true, you might be able to find a few things cheeper... more travel advice
Go to The Creek Side Park where you can get a ride in a lift along the beach - should be about 25 dhs. You can also... more travel advice
Written Aug 14, 2004
Sheikh Zayed Road as a dream....
Written Aug 25, 2004
GOODBYE DUBAI with advice
Laerke's Related Pages
Dubai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Not all that glitters is gold..."
- "Nothing is Too Impossible in Dubai"
- "DESERT ROSE MONOLOGUES - A DUBAI AFFAIR"
- "DUBAI - The Pearl of Arabia"
- "Developing Dubai"
- "Dubai - a city growing before your eyes!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dubai
- Hotels in Dubai
- Transportation in Dubai
- Nightlife in Dubai
- Restaurants in Dubai
- Shopping in Dubai
- Warnings and Dangers in Dubai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dubai
- 10 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Dubai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dubai
- Posted in Travel New York City Forum "Recommendations for restaurant in..."
- Commented on one of Rinjani's Dubai travel pages
- updated a Dubai Travelogue "GOODBYE DUBAI with advice"
- Uploaded a Photo to "GOODBYE DUBAI with advice"
- Wrote a Review Dubai Shopping Festival, a disappointing event. in Dubai Tourist Traps
Top 10 Pages
- Dubai Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tanzania Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Copenhagen 4 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Casablanca Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fujairah Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Cairo Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Zanzibar Island 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Aswan Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Japan Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Uyuni Intro, 1 review, 4 photos