"Boise, Idaho.. more than potatos..." Top 5 Page for this destination Boise by museberry
Boise Travel Guide: 141 reviews and 271 photos
Feel very priviledged to have grown up in beautiful Boise in that cozy bowl of Rocky Mountains.
Mid-sized city with a blend of small and big city attitude, downtown is clean and funky. Head to the North end for the ecclectic and a nice walk up Camel's back park to check out the view and see why it's called the city of trees. Or follow along the Greenbelt path running adjacent to the Boise River on both sides, and while wandering stop into one of three nice big parks, Kathryn Albertson with it's wild bird refuge, Anne Morrison with it's room to run and duck ponds, or Julia Davis that holds the city Art and History museums, and zoo ( directly across the river from Boise State University)
If outdoor sports is your pleasure grab a mountain bike, hiking boots, etc.. and head for the foothills. Skiing or snow play is a quick drive away. Favorite snowshoeing was always in little Idaho City up past Lucky Peak (a great spot for boating and water play in the summer)
People are friendly yet not very diverse. Don't expect big city entertainment, but let yourself be drawn in by the charm of the area.
Top places for myself to visit when home: Flying 'M' coffee house on 6th street, The Train Depot with its tall white tower overlooking the best view of downtown (climb up on top of the cave for a nice sit or watch the coy swim in the ponds), and the aforementioned North End for pizza at Lucky 13 (best in summer when the patio is hopping), or burritos at La Parilla Grill and mini beer cup trays on Sunday evening.
Idaho is a four season state so dress accordingly. Feel free to drop me a line if visiting Boise as I'll be happy to give a local's view of my city! Happy travels!!
Follow this link for the Boise Visitor's and Convention Bureau: http://www.boise.org/
- Pros:Friendly people, laid-back atmosphere, outdoors and parks..
- Cons:Mid-sized city nightlife and events, lack of population diversity.
- In a nutshell:Warm, all-in-one location without being too large or expensive..
The Boise Tour Train is fun for everyone and a great way to spend a day wandering through the city while getting some... more travel advice
Fulton Street Theatre: (Also known as Boise Contemporary Theater) Fantastic showings by Boise professional actors and... more travel advice
museberry's Related Pages
Boise Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Boise...City of trees according to the French."
- "My Home Away From Home"
- "Capitol with Emerging Identity"
- "Boise, Idaho.. more than potatos..."
- "Boise Idaho"
- "A Quick Trip to Boise"
- "Success, Peril, Energy in Boise Idaho Fall 2013"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boise
- Hotels in Boise
- Transportation in Boise
- Nightlife in Boise
- Restaurants in Boise
- Shopping in Boise
- Warnings and Dangers in Boise
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Boise
- 8 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Boise?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boise
- Posted in Travel Belize Forum "Re: Deep Sea/ Sport Fishing?"
- Wrote a Review Choo choo: The Boise Tour Train!! in Boise Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Choo choo: The Boise Tour Train!!"
- updated a Boise Travel Page "Boise, Idaho.. more than potatos..."
- Commented on one of JetlagCity's Boise travel pages
Photos in BoiseSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boise Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination West Yellowstone Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Seoul Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Idaho Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Busan Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- South Korea Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Thailand Intro, 3 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 3 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 3 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 3 photos