"Ricketts Glen State Park" Ricketts Glen State Park by tamicles

Ricketts Glen State Park Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 122 photos

My first time going to Ricketts Glen was with my husband and daughter. We just wandered around and saw one of the waterfalls which is by the parking area. I thought it was beautiful. I never saw a waterfall before. We did a little more wandering around and there was a trail map, we grabbed one and I learned so much about the park. There is 22 waterfalls!!! I was so amazed. One of them is 94 feet tall which is the highest of 26 in the USA. That was it, I had to go on a hike, so the next day we did that and only went to waters meet which is just before half way to the biggest fall. We had our daughter with us and that just explains it!!

After that hike we wanted to come back and see the rest of the falls but we wanted others to see it too. We invited my husbands sister and her husband and 2 children. The first day we went a little past the waters meet and turned around but the next day we went all the way to the big fall. It was rough with 3 kids age 5, 4 and ours is 19 months. My husband carried her the entire way. There was a woman there from the New York Times who was taking peoples pictures and information and will put them in the paper. She even called to confirm everything so I hope we make it!! The waterfalls are amazing. You dont even feel like your hiking. Once you see one you just want to see the next and they arent far apart.

Once we got to the big fall we just sat down and stared at it. It was beautiful. We took tons of pictures and we also had a video camera with us. The kids played in the water and the woman from the paper took our photos. The way back seemed kind of long but we went for a "dip" on the way back!

• Pros:Absolutely everything!
  • Cons:Nothing!
  • In a nutshell:It's like a whole other world, very peaceful!
  • Last visit to Ricketts Glen State Park: May 2004
  • Intro Updated May 20, 2004

Badges & Stats in Ricketts Glen State Park

Have you been to Ricketts Glen State Park?

Latest Activity in Ricketts Glen State Park