"The Prettiest Small Town in America" Woodstock by nicolaitan
Woodstock Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 47 photos
So named by The Ladies Home Journal some years ago, Woodstock is a prosperous resort community located between the green hills and the Ottauquechee River. There is an attractive downtown business center and a number of tourist attractions including the Billings Farm and Museum, a ski center, a gorgeous golf course, and innumerable craft and artisan shops. Antique stores seem to number in the millions, like one on every corner. And all are set in this lovely valley. There are many superb restaurants most featuring American cuisine and local produce. The large hotel in town is the Woodstock Inn, 6 years on the Conde Nast gold list and one of Travel and Leisure magazine's 500 greatest hotels. There are innumerable upscale bed and breakfast establishments in town and in the surrounding villages and on farms.
First settled in 1765, Woodstock was the shire town for Windsor County, bringing business and professional people and their families from neighboring states. They constructed the Federal-style homes that surround the large village green today, which is dominated by the Woodstock Inn on the southern side. Residents have included the founder of Railway Express, Laurance Rockefeller, and Sinclair Lewis.
Woodstock's quaint downtown contains the anticipated craft and artisan shops, antique stores, and trendy sandwich and... more travel advice
nicolaitan's Related Pages
Woodstock Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Green America"
- "The Prettiest Small Town in America"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Woodstock
- Hotels in Woodstock
- Restaurants in Woodstock
- Shopping in Woodstock
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Woodstock
- 3 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Woodstock?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Woodstock
- Posted in Travel Playa del Carmen Forum "Re: Health & Safety"
- Commented on one of german_eagle's Woodstock travel pages
- updated a Woodstock Travel Page "The Prettiest Small Town in America"
- Wrote a Review The Village ( 5 photos) in Woodstock Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Village ( 5 photos)"
Photos in WoodstockSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 55 reviews, 283 photos, 6 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 53 reviews, 206 photos
- Vienna Intro, 48 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 59 reviews, 175 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevsehir Ili Intro, 38 reviews, 185 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 57 reviews, 160 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 40 reviews, 167 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 42 reviews, 159 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 42 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues