"home" Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island by nicolaitan

Long Island Travel Guide: 127 reviews and 375 photos

Restaurants

Most visitors to Long Island are headed to the fabled Hamptons resorts and most will be travelling on the Long Island Expressway. I have included restaurants at which we have eaten several times and emphasized those in the Hamptons or with easy access from the LIE during those long traffic-laden commutes to and from NYC>

• Intro Updated Jul 9, 2010

• mindcrime's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2012 at 10:47 PM

fine additions here!

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Lew, your aquarium day out looks enjoyable, a pity about the monkeys. We have an Aqua museum within walking distance & Jill takes the 3 grandkids annually, with fast food lunch and a drink, not much change from $150.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Fine new tips on the aquarium, with excellent photos!

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Tuttu Restaurant , nice review, food sounds good but would leave a hole in your wallet. Good idea to request tap water, I always do so. Off to Sydney Monday morning.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Me again, coming back to read your updates and new tips (or are they now reviews?) since last July. I am highly impressed with the strategy of the yellow bellied sapsuckers, luring insects by drilling holes in the tree allowing sap to escape onto the surface.

• csordila's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2011 at 9:06 AM

Hi Lew! Amazing day I have spent here, with you of course! L.

• tropicrd's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2011 at 6:30 PM

Love your Long Island pages Lew,I would love to eat at Bobby Van's and have me one of those hamburgers.The sun set pic is stunning.

• mindcrime's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2011 at 8:57 AM

excelent restaurant tips! I got confused for a moment and thought that your real job is writing restaurant reviews :) What I liked most was the funny antimotive for (not) taking pictures of the food at your area :)

• breughel's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2011 at 9:40 AM

Good warning about ticks very common among deers. In our garden we have ticks living on the leaves of the trees and when an animal passes (our cat or me) they fall down and incrustate the epidermis of the host pumping his blood.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2011 at 6:59 AM

Lew are those Jellyfish? Awesome photo! Enjoyed your restaurant choices. Yet, I just adore that big duck! Something about those bygone days! I enjoyed the tour of those lovely homes too. If houses could talk what history they could share. Excellent page!

nicolaitan Lives Here!

nicolaitan

“Tomorrow is but another page in god's coloring book”

Badges & Stats in Long Island

Have you been to Long Island?

Latest Activity in Long Island