"Seoul" Seoul by nicolaitan
Seoul Travel Guide: 3,209 reviews and 8,370 photos
For centuries the capitol of the "Hermit Kingdom", Seoul has become a major world capitol with emphasis on technology, commerce, and sports. Yet the great traditions of Korea are maintained with history-laden temples, palaces, and gardens all accessible to the visitor. Destroyed by Manchu and Japanese invasions in the 16th and 17th Centuries and left a mass of rubble by the Korean Conflict, today this metropolis is a rebuilt city with high rise buildings and high technology. Yet it retains the aura of its ancient culture at every turn. For Koreans of every age, the palaces of Seoul are a magnet for the celebration of their heritage, often, as with the little girl at the right, in traditional garb. Other photos include schoolchildren from Pusan at Oh Soo Moon Gate and a proud papasan at the Boo Yung Jung bower, both in the Secret Garden of the Changdeok Palace.
Silk screen panels are often custom made and can be acquired in any village or town of decent size. Outside of major... more travel advice
This hexagonal pavilion is one of the most photographed and painted scenes in Korea. A decorative bridge crosses the... more travel advice
nicolaitan's Related Pages
Seoul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to The Land of Big Smog"
- "Return to Seoul"
- "Seoul - My favorite place on Earth!"
- "Seoul: Energy in the Land of the Morning Calm"
- "Organized Chaos --> Seoul, South Korea"
- "Seoul, Capital of Korea"
- "Backpacking Korea in Winter / Spring"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seoul
- Hotels in Seoul
- Transportation in Seoul
- Nightlife in Seoul
- Restaurants in Seoul
- Shopping in Seoul
- Warnings and Dangers in Seoul
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Seoul
- 16 Reviews
- 79 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Seoul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seoul
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Windows 10"
- Commented on one of Migukin's Seoul travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "NE Korean Highways and 2Great Road Signs (8 photo)"
- updated a Seoul Travelogue "NE Korean Highways and 2Great Road Signs (8 photo)"
- Wrote a Review Buy a Panel in Seoul Shopping
Photos in SeoulSee All Photos (79)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 55 reviews, 283 photos, 6 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 53 reviews, 206 photos
- Vienna Intro, 48 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 60 reviews, 180 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevsehir Ili Intro, 38 reviews, 185 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 57 reviews, 160 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 40 reviews, 167 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 42 reviews, 159 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 42 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues