"better to burn out than it is to rust" nicolaitan's Profile
For 40 years, I have worked in the field of image acquisition and evaluation. Therefore, it is all about the pictures - the legacy of my travels enshrined here on VT. The images are far more important than the story. They supplement my college major of renaissance and reformation history, with minors in Ancient Greek and Roman as well as Far Eastern. Of course, art and architecture were included courses. Please enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoyed exposing them and mounting them here.
Tiffany took her last flight at 2:15 PM on 4/7/07 across the sunset sea. She was seen off with Proserpina and I at her side. Always an avid traveller, she left with her eyes wide open and looking ahead for this journey without a return. Since our daughters left for college in the early 1990's, she has shared our furniture, our lives, and our chicken dinners. Our house and our lives are a little emptier today.
Tiffany is my 15 year old little girl. She is a Persian-Himalayan mix with the coat color of a Persian red. Very small, she weighs only about 7 lbs. She has the disconcerting habit of speaking in sentences of up to 10 syllables. She is also well-travelled herself, having logged at least 30000 miles. She bears a real distinction in the travel area - she was a passenger on the ABSOLUTELY LAST airplane out of JFK airport in the 20th century departing just a few hours before the millenium (which you may recall was predicted to bring disaster and just brought another day). She was accompanied by 2 pilots, one flight steward, and no more than 8 or 9 passengers and had her own row.
To be ignorant of what ocurred before you were born is to remain always a child === Marcus Tullius Cicero.
There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know. === Harry Truman.
If God did not approve of the three martini lunch, why are there so many olive trees in the Holy Land?
There are no problems for he who walks in the sight of God.
Ask not about things which, if made plain to you, might cause you trouble.
From the Quran.
You may have the Universe if I may have Italy ===== Giuseppe Verdi.
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. === St. Augustine.
Exuberance is better than taste ===== Gustave Flaubert.
Every day is but a new page in God's coloring book ======= traditional gospel.
In my hour of darkness, in my time of need, Oh lord grant me vision, O lord grant me speed. ======= Gram Parsons 1972
It is a SIN to believe evil of others, but it is seldom a mistake ======= Tami Hoag
Beer is living proof that God loves us. ------- Benjamin Franklin.
What care I how time advances? I am drinking ale today. ------- Edgar Allen Poe.
It is only those who get drunk on beer who fall on their backs and lie with their faces upward. ------- Aristotle.
Cerevisium Bibat (Drink Beer for Health) ------ St. Hildegard von Bingen.
He who invented beer was a very smart man ------ Plato.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Parish of Portland Hotels
- Key West Hotels
- Niagara Falls Hotels
- Boracay Island Hotels
- Davao Hotels
- Munnar Hotels
- Pengkalan Balak Hotels
- Goose Rocks Beach Hotels
- Ipoh Hotels
- State of Jammu and Kashmir Hotels
- Pulau Mamutik Hotels
- Atlantic City Hotels
- Portland Hotels
- Broad Ripple Hotels
- La Sal Junction Hotels
- St. John's Hotels
- Addis Ababa Hotels
- Kuching Hotels
- Abu Dhabi Hotels
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,027 Reviews
- 3,965 Photos
- 15 Countries
- 58 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
- Commented on nicolaitan's profile page
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: What new words have you..."
- Wrote a Review Upscale Pub Dining in Boca Raton Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Upscale Pub Dining"
updated their Profile Page "better to burn out than it is to rust"
- created a The Hague Travelogue "Images from the Escher Museum"
- nicolaitan and kiwi are now friends.
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 55 reviews, 283 photos, 6 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 53 reviews, 206 photos
- Vienna Intro, 48 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 59 reviews, 175 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevsehir Ili Intro, 38 reviews, 185 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 57 reviews, 160 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 40 reviews, 167 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 42 reviews, 159 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 42 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22457 Reviews - 54961 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2056 Reviews - 3865 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos