"better to burn out than it is to rust" nicolaitan's Profile
For 40 years, I have worked in the field of image acquisition and evaluation. Therefore, it is all about the pictures - the legacy of my travels enshrined here on VT. The images are far more important than the story. They supplement my college major of renaissance and reformation history, with minors in Ancient Greek and Roman as well as Far Eastern. Of course, art and architecture were included courses. Please enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoyed exposing them and mounting them here.
Tiffany took her last flight at 2:15 PM on 4/7/07 across the sunset sea. She was seen off with Proserpina and I at her side. Always an avid traveller, she left with her eyes wide open and looking ahead for this journey without a return. Since our daughters left for college in the early 1990's, she has shared our furniture, our lives, and our chicken dinners. Our house and our lives are a little emptier today.
Tiffany is my 15 year old little girl. She is a Persian-Himalayan mix with the coat color of a Persian red. Very small, she weighs only about 7 lbs. She has the disconcerting habit of speaking in sentences of up to 10 syllables. She is also well-travelled herself, having logged at least 30000 miles. She bears a real distinction in the travel area - she was a passenger on the ABSOLUTELY LAST airplane out of JFK airport in the 20th century departing just a few hours before the millenium (which you may recall was predicted to bring disaster and just brought another day). She was accompanied by 2 pilots, one flight steward, and no more than 8 or 9 passengers and had her own row.
To be ignorant of what ocurred before you were born is to remain always a child === Marcus Tullius Cicero.
There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know. === Harry Truman.
If God did not approve of the three martini lunch, why are there so many olive trees in the Holy Land?
There are no problems for he who walks in the sight of God.
Ask not about things which, if made plain to you, might cause you trouble.
From the Quran.
You may have the Universe if I may have Italy ===== Giuseppe Verdi.
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. === St. Augustine.
Exuberance is better than taste ===== Gustave Flaubert.
Every day is but a new page in God's coloring book ======= traditional gospel.
In my hour of darkness, in my time of need, Oh lord grant me vision, O lord grant me speed. ======= Gram Parsons 1972
It is a SIN to believe evil of others, but it is seldom a mistake ======= Tami Hoag
Beer is living proof that God loves us. ------- Benjamin Franklin.
What care I how time advances? I am drinking ale today. ------- Edgar Allen Poe.
It is only those who get drunk on beer who fall on their backs and lie with their faces upward. ------- Aristotle.
Cerevisium Bibat (Drink Beer for Health) ------ St. Hildegard von Bingen.
He who invented beer was a very smart man ------ Plato.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,034 Reviews
- 3,997 Photos
- 15 Countries
- 59 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
- Commented on one of travelfrosch's Oban tips
- Posted in Travel Playa del Carmen Forum "Re: Health & Safety"
updated their Profile Page "better to burn out than it is to rust"
- Wrote a Review Dominant Old Forge Motel in Old Forge Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "Best Candy Store in Old Forge"
- updated a Old Forge Travel Page "Adirondack Tourist Center"
- nicolaitan and kiwi are now friends.
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 55 reviews, 283 photos, 6 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 53 reviews, 206 photos
- Vienna Intro, 48 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 59 reviews, 175 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevsehir Ili Intro, 38 reviews, 185 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 45 reviews, 173 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 57 reviews, 160 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 40 reviews, 167 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 42 reviews, 159 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 42 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues