"better to burn out than it is to rust" nicolaitan's Profile

NEW MATERIAL ---- OLD FORGE NY, DONE AT LAST

For 40 years, I have worked in the field of image acquisition and evaluation. Therefore, it is all about the pictures - the legacy of my travels enshrined here on VT. The images are far more important than the story. They supplement my college major of renaissance and reformation history, with minors in Ancient Greek and Roman as well as Far Eastern. Of course, art and architecture were included courses. Please enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoyed exposing them and mounting them here.

Tiffany

Tiffany took her last flight at 2:15 PM on 4/7/07 across the sunset sea. She was seen off with Proserpina and I at her side. Always an avid traveller, she left with her eyes wide open and looking ahead for this journey without a return. Since our daughters left for college in the early 1990's, she has shared our furniture, our lives, and our chicken dinners. Our house and our lives are a little emptier today.

Tiffany is my 15 year old little girl. She is a Persian-Himalayan mix with the coat color of a Persian red. Very small, she weighs only about 7 lbs. She has the disconcerting habit of speaking in sentences of up to 10 syllables. She is also well-travelled herself, having logged at least 30000 miles. She bears a real distinction in the travel area - she was a passenger on the ABSOLUTELY LAST airplane out of JFK airport in the 20th century departing just a few hours before the millenium (which you may recall was predicted to bring disaster and just brought another day). She was accompanied by 2 pilots, one flight steward, and no more than 8 or 9 passengers and had her own row.

Quotes

To be ignorant of what ocurred before you were born is to remain always a child === Marcus Tullius Cicero.

There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know. === Harry Truman.

If God did not approve of the three martini lunch, why are there so many olive trees in the Holy Land?

There are no problems for he who walks in the sight of God.

Ask not about things which, if made plain to you, might cause you trouble.

From the Quran.

You may have the Universe if I may have Italy ===== Giuseppe Verdi.

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. === St. Augustine.

Exuberance is better than taste ===== Gustave Flaubert.

Every day is but a new page in God's coloring book ======= traditional gospel.

In my hour of darkness, in my time of need, Oh lord grant me vision, O lord grant me speed. ======= Gram Parsons 1972

It is a SIN to believe evil of others, but it is seldom a mistake ======= Tami Hoag

Beer is living proof that God loves us. ------- Benjamin Franklin.

What care I how time advances? I am drinking ale today. ------- Edgar Allen Poe.

It is only those who get drunk on beer who fall on their backs and lie with their faces upward. ------- Aristotle.

Cerevisium Bibat (Drink Beer for Health) ------ St. Hildegard von Bingen.

He who invented beer was a very smart man ------ Plato.

Walking is the very best exercise. Habituate yourself to walk very far. ====== Thomas Jefferson,

Pleasure is the beginning and end of living happily ====== Epicurus (347-271 BC).

It does not do to leave a dragon our of your calculations, if you live near one ===== JRR Tolkien

• Intro Updated Feb 17, 2014

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
nicolaitan's Profile Photo

nicolaitan

“Tomorrow is but another page in god's coloring book”

Real Name