"Village with weird church" Chamula by Enzyme_X
Chamula Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 54 photos
San Juan Chemula is small Tzotzil village just north of San Cristobal. The village is famosu of it's church where the Christian religion is combined with old rituals. But globalisation came as far as here. Coca-cola has become an important part of religious ceremonys.
- Pros:Something never seen before
- Cons:none really
I'd recomend to visit San Juan Chamulo on sunday. Sundays there is a weekly market. So you don't have to come here just... more travel advice
Locals belive that chicken can cure all kinds of desises. The illness is transferred on the animal. The chiceken now... more travel advice
Enzyme_X's Related Pages
Chamula Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Village with weird church"
- "San Juan de Chamula"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chamula
- Transportation in Chamula
- Shopping in Chamula
- Warnings and Dangers in Chamula
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chamula
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Chamula?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chamula
Photos in ChamulaSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Mexico Intro, 22 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kamyanets'-Podil's'kyy Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Marino Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siwa Intro, 11 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Cristóbal de Las Casas Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ukraine Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Podpeca Intro, 3 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla Mujeres Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos