"Guarding the border with Guatemala" Top 5 Page for this destination Ruinas de Yaxchilan by Enzyme_X
Ruinas de Yaxchilan Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 138 photos
Placed in a dense jungle, right on the Rio Usumacinto bank, wich is the border river between Mexico and Guatemala.
Trip to this site is kind of a trip back in time. You have a constant feeling that somwhere you'll meet some Mayas, still living as in old times.
No traces of modern civilization and only few turists; genuine contact with nature.
In Forintera Corozal you can cross the border and go to Guatemala. River Usumacinat represents the border. As there is... more travel advice
You can get to the ruins of Yaxchilan by airplane (if you can afford it) or ba boat (lancha). The price of lancha... more travel advice
Enzyme_X's Related Pages
Ruinas de Yaxchilan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Underappreciated Mayan Ruins on the Rio Usumacinta"
- "Guarding the border with Guatemala"
- "Yaxchilan from Palenque"
- "Remote Ruins on the River"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ruinas de Yaxchilan
- Hotels in Ruinas de Yaxchilan
- Transportation in Ruinas de Yaxchilan
- Warnings and Dangers in Ruinas de Yaxchilan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ruinas de Yaxchilan
- 12 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Ruinas de Yaxchilan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ruinas de Yaxchilan
Top 10 Pages
- Mexico Intro, 22 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kamyanets'-Podil's'kyy Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Marino Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siwa Intro, 11 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Cristóbal de Las Casas Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ukraine Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Podpeca Intro, 3 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla Mujeres Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos