"Marvelous rock formations" Arches National Park by stamporama
Arches National Park Travel Guide: 609 reviews and 1,578 photos
Mention the word 'desert' and one typically thinks of a vast, generally flat, hot and arid wasteland. Not exactly a place that attracts tourists, does it? But if one takes the time and effort to go the many national parks in Utah (the state with the most number) then you'd be surprised to find out that desert have their unique, inherent beauty.
At the Arches National Park, the most popular attraction is Delicate Arch. Its image can be seen on the license plates of many Utah-registered vehicles.
To see it upfront one would have to walk under the heat of the sun for about 30 mins., with a few inclines to climb. If you have a fear of heights like I do, then this is a good way to overcome it! But you also need a strong heart and pair of legs to get there. If not then there's a spot on the road where you could see from afar (in the comfort of your car) a speck of the arch...which can be greatly improved with binoculars.
To get to the park, one has to drive about 4 hrs. from Salt Lake City towards Moab. The entrance fee is US$ 10 per vehicle which allows a week's passage. The road through the park passes through many interesting rock formations along the way and to see all those, a day may not be enough. But if you only have time to get there, tour then return to SLC by late afternoon (in short, about 2-3 hours) then go no farther than Delicate Arch.
stamporama's Related Pages
Arches National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Arches NP - Arches Sandstone Wonderland"
- "Finding the Angles at Arches"
- "Arches National Park"
- "Vistas around every bend..."
- "Amazing Arches"
- "ARCHES NATIONAL PARK - UTAH"
- "Desert Gem"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arches National Park
- Hotels in Arches National Park
- Transportation in Arches National Park
- Nightlife in Arches National Park
- Restaurants in Arches National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Arches National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arches National Park
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Arches National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arches National Park
Photos in Arches National ParkSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Seoul Intro, 12 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaohsiung Intro, 9 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok 10 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hanoi Intro, 4 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jeju (city) Intro, 6 reviews, 24 photos
- Beijing Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 1 review, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Phumi Siem Reab Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 2 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (18)
Latest Arches National Park hotel reviews
- Devil's Garden Campground
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 31, 2013