"On the trail of Lara Croft" Phumi Siem Reab by stamporama
Phumi Siem Reab Travel Guide: 497 reviews and 1,126 photos
Angkor Wat!!! I finally saw you. After the pyramids of Giza and Chichen Itza, you were the next world wonder I wished to see. OK, it may just be a heritage site and not a world wonder yet, but in my book it should have been one of the 7 new wonders had it not been for the small Cambodian population to vote for it.
On many temple walls are reliefs of dancers called apsaras who played an important role in religious ceremonies in the heydays of the Khmer. Today, apsara dancers perform for tourists in many dinner shows across the city.
The Bayon is the temple where hundreds of stone Buddha heads are carved, all serene-looking and with smiles as mystical as Mona Lisa's.
All in all, the temples here were simply AWESOME!!!
Artisans Angkor is an internationally-funded livelihood program to train poor Cambodians on how to make good quality... more travel advice
On the road to/from Banteay Srei, there are roadside stalls that sell candies made from sugar palm trees that grow in... more travel advice
stamporama's Related Pages
Phumi Siem Reab Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gateway to Angkor Wat"
- "The city behind Angkor"
- "Siem Reap - Nearest Town to Angkor"
- "IMPREXXION: SIEM REAP-ANGKOR"
- "Good morning, Siem Reap"
- "SIEM REAP – Siam Defeated…"
- "Gateway to Angkor"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Phumi Siem Reab
- Hotels in Phumi Siem Reab
- Transportation in Phumi Siem Reab
- Nightlife in Phumi Siem Reab
- Restaurants in Phumi Siem Reab
- Shopping in Phumi Siem Reab
- Warnings and Dangers in Phumi Siem Reab
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Phumi Siem Reab
- 5 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Phumi Siem Reab?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Phumi Siem Reab
Photos in Phumi Siem ReabSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Seoul Intro, 12 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaohsiung Intro, 9 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok 10 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hanoi Intro, 4 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jeju (city) Intro, 6 reviews, 24 photos
- Beijing Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 1 review, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Phumi Siem Reab Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 2 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues