"The land whose name I share" Agra by stamporama
Agra Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 133 photos
It is a common crossword puzzle clue: Taj Mahal site (4 letters).
AGRA happens to be my middle name but I'm quite sure my ancestry has nothing to do with the city. It does sound nice though to be associated with not just a memorial to love but a New World Wonder (my fifth!) as well.
Less than 2 kms. away stands Agra Fort where, by a sad twist of fate, the Taj's builder was imprisoned until the day he died. Life can be so cruel.
What made Shah Jahan's incarceration even more painful was not only was he imprisoned by his own son, but he was put in a chamber from where he could catch a glimpse of (but never touch or step on) the memorial to his beloved.
This is a live drama with some music and dance (Bollywood style, of course) that depicts the story of Shah Jahan and... more travel advice
stamporama's Related Pages
Agra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Agra and Taj"
- "This is the reason why I flew to India"
- " AGRA, India "
- "agra india"
- "The land whose name I share"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Agra
- Hotels in Agra
- Transportation in Agra
- Restaurants in Agra
- Warnings and Dangers in Agra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Agra
- 2 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Agra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Agra
Top 10 Pages
- Seoul Intro, 12 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaohsiung Intro, 9 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kyoto Intro, 6 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 4 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jeju (city) Intro, 6 reviews, 24 photos
- Japan Intro, 1 review, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 1 review, 27 photos, 3 travelogues