"Taiwan's second largest city" Top 5 Page for this destination Kaohsiung by stamporama
Kaohsiung Travel Guide: 175 reviews and 417 photos
There's not much to see in Kaoshiung, after all it's more of a commercial and harbor district. Yet it still exudes the vibrancy of a world-class city and though whatever attractions there are may neither be medieval or historic, they still inspire for whatever the local people hold dear.
The Dream Mall houses several stores of both local and foreign brands. The building is shaped like a blue whale from afar and has a ferris wheel at the roof. Like Filipinos, local residents flock to the mall not merely to shop but to frolic and escape from the city heat.
Since most Taiwanese are Buddhists, temples are practically everywhere. But if you wish to see something grander than the ordinary, then head out of town to the Fo Guang Shan monastery where your jaw would surely drop in awe at what they have there.
The Dream Mall building has a shape of a whale and on its roof there's a Sanrio ferris wheel. Other than the shapely... more travel advice
...but plenty of temples! There are at least 8 Chinese temples along the banks of the pond along with some impressive... more travel advice
stamporama's Related Pages
Kaohsiung Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Revisiting Kaohsiung"
- "Keeweechic's Kaohsiung"
- "Taiwan's second largest city"
- "City by the Sea"
- "Kao-hsiung County (chinese: °ª¶¯¿¤¥«)"
- "My Home City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kaohsiung
- Hotels in Kaohsiung
- Transportation in Kaohsiung
- Nightlife in Kaohsiung
- Restaurants in Kaohsiung
- Shopping in Kaohsiung
- Warnings and Dangers in Kaohsiung
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kaohsiung
- 9 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Kaohsiung?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kaohsiung
Photos in KaohsiungSee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Seoul Intro, 12 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaohsiung Intro, 9 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hanoi Intro, 4 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jeju (city) Intro, 6 reviews, 24 photos
- Beijing Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 1 review, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Phumi Siem Reab Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 2 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues