"Dobrich (old name Tolbuchin)" Dobrich by zlatiq
Dobrich Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 36 photos
Tolbuchin and Dobrich are the old and new name of the same city. It was Tolbuchin( after the russian Marshal Tolbuchin) during the comunist era, and nowadays is Dobrich, after Despot Dobrotitsa, a ruler/governnor of Dobrudja region from 13th century. Dobrudja is also named after Dobrotitsa.
I think the Old Dobrich is the real gem of the city, if you like traditional crafts. The workshops sell their stuff much cheaper than if you are to buy them in the nearby resort Albena or even in Varna. So if you're staying in any of the resorts nearby, Dobrich is a good place to check out for crafts.
Dobrich is the second biggest city in NE Bulgaria. It's in the region called Dobrudja, close to the seaside (Balchik,Varna).
Dobrich is the main administrative city of Dobrichki okrag/area. But on the VT sites, Dobrich is listed by mistake as a city in Varna area (Varnenska oblast). I hope this misunderstanding will be straightened out soon.
I haven't stayed here so i can't give any opinion. Hotel with 20 beds - 4 suits ? 4 double rooms. Restaurant with... more travel advice
zlatiq's Related Pages
Dobrich Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dobrich (old name Tolbuchin)"
- "Dobrich, City of the Dobrudja"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dobrich
- Hotels in Dobrich
- Transportation in Dobrich
- Restaurants in Dobrich
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dobrich
- 15 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Dobrich?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dobrich
Top 10 Pages
- Bulgaria Intro, 32 reviews, 39 photos
- Kamen Bryag Intro, 21 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Varna Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dobrich Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- General-Toshevo Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mesa Verde National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Salt Lake City Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melnik Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Moab Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Kavarna Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos