"The ancient town of Gubbio" Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio by zlatiq
Gubbio Travel Guide: 149 reviews and 590 photos
Gubbio is a small quiet old town, with not much going on in everyday life. Although i liked it here, it was nothing too much... i found it similar to the atmosphere of bulgarian old towns, with the tiny streets of cobblestone, small coffees and shops, old people sitting on benches, farmers market evry morning and so on..just the architecture was different due to our different cultures.. My american frinds though found it "awesome"..hehehe
Gubbio has older part shown on the photo and newer more residential part. Two of the main attractions are the Basilica uphill from the old town where the rests of St.Ubaldo are buried and a Roman theatre outside the town. The good part is that Gubbio is small enough to explore a lot...just walk up and down the steep streets of the old town which is not easy to miss and the streets will take youeither up to the Basilica or to the town Cathedral. If u really need lots of info, then u can always stop by the tourist office. By the way here in the office they can help u arrange your transportation if u need one (unfortuantely i've lost my notes so i cant tell u the address).
I'm very happy with my stay there. The room was very tidy and cosy, it faces the yard,and a river with a bridge. It has... more travel advice
zlatiq's Related Pages
Gubbio Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gubbio: a very proud, very pure Umbrian town"
- "A place apart"
- "Gubbio, where history lives"
- "The ancient town of Gubbio"
- "A Town with Great Character, History, Traditions"
- "One of our favorite Umbrian Towns"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gubbio
- Hotels in Gubbio
- Transportation in Gubbio
- Restaurants in Gubbio
- Shopping in Gubbio
- Warnings and Dangers in Gubbio
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Gubbio
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Gubbio?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gubbio
Top 10 Pages
- Bulgaria Intro, 32 reviews, 39 photos
- Kamen Bryag Intro, 21 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Varna Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dobrich Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- General-Toshevo Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mesa Verde National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Salt Lake City Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melnik Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Moab Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Kavarna Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos