Punta Cana Local Custom Tips by travelgirl3 Top 5 Page for this destination
Punta Cana Local Customs: 10 reviews and 8 photos
I couldn't resist! Dominican Art
Look closely, yes, that's right, its the bathroom! Dominican Art is everywhere! It is so distinctive, bright and colourful, and I just couldn't resist taking this picture. Hey, at least it wasn't the Men's room (but I did peek in, it was all done in a water theme, with dolphins!!)
Just riding along, Punta Cana, DR
During our visit to the Dominican Republic, we saw just about every type of transportation you could imagine. Bicycles with 3 riders, mopeds, motorcycles - we even saw a fisherman on a motorcycle with a large ice-chest strapped across the seat, holding the day's catch!
This old guy caught our attention as he seemed quite happy to just be out and about on a beautiful day. We smiled, waved Hola, he tipped his hat to us and rode off.
Gotcha!! (water, not paint!)
We found the people of the Dominican Republic to be very warm, and happy. They had a certain 'playfulness' about them, and they always seemed to be singing, humming, and smiling.
While we were at Manati Park, we watched the girl in the coveralls pretending to paint the stands. In fact, she was only using water. Whenever somebody would walk past her, she would flick her 'paintbrush' at them, making them think they had just been sprayed with paint. We watched her for about 15 minutes, and she didn't crack a smile once, but you could tell she was getting great joy from seeing people's reactions change from surprise, to anger, to a big smile, when they realized they had been had!!
More Reviews (16)
- See All Deep Sea Fishing
- See All Horseback Riding along the beach
- See All Typical Dominican Home
- Dominican Art is the Best
travelgirl3's Related Pages
Punta Cana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Punta Cana, Dominican Republic"
- "Punta Cana"
- "With friends and husband on a great trip"
- "punta cana"
- "A week in paradise"
- "Souvenirs from the Dominican By Umfufu"
- "Beach Life"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Punta Cana
- Hotels in Punta Cana
- Transportation in Punta Cana
- Nightlife in Punta Cana
- Restaurants in Punta Cana
- Shopping in Punta Cana
- Warnings and Dangers in Punta Cana
- See All...
Explore the World
- Washington Crossing State Park Hotels
- Margaret River Hotels
- Moscow Hotels
- Benalmádena Hotels
Badges & Stats in Punta Cana
- 19 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 17 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Punta Cana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Punta Cana
Photos in Punta CanaSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- San Diego Intro, 26 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arenal Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos
- Great Guana Cay Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Punta Cana Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Bodie Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Devils Postpile National Monument Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Niagara-on-the-Lake Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Snorkeling and Scuba- 11 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Beach- 14 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Altos de Chavon- 6 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Isla Saona- 9 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Daytrips- 6 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Manati Park- 5 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Parasailing- 3 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Jurassic Safari- 6 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Horseback Riding- 2 Reviews, 4 Photos
- ATV- 2 Reviews, 1 Photos
See All Punta Cana Things to Do