Punta Cana Hotel Tips by travelgirl3 Top 5 Page for this destination
Punta Cana Hotels: 105,543 reviews and 169 photos
Allegro Punta Cana
This was a great little resort. It had everything you needed, but being small, it was all right there for you. You didn't need to spend 20 minutes running back to the room if you forgot something.
Unique Qualities: Great location. There were only 2 other hotels (Sunscape and Natura Park), 1 on either side. Beyond that, the fishing village of Cabeza del Toro, then nothing but deserted beach. Great photo-op in the town too.
Comparison: less expensive than average
Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort
The resort is huge! There are 5 sections - Beach, Caribe, Golf, Casino and Palace (upgrade $$). You have access to all except the Palace, unless you have paid the upgrade to stay there. There's a little tractor/train travlling around the resort which is great if you're tired, or just want something different. The grounds are lush and beautiful, and each section is different from the others. Most vacationers seemed to be European, so English was the minority, which only enhanced the 'away from it all' feel of the place.
Unique Qualities: All rooms in the Beach section have an ocean view. The rooms also have little coffee makers, so, being an early riser, I'd get up before everybody else each morning, take my coffee onto the balcony and read my book while the sun came up through the palm trees. I miss that.
Address: Playa Bavaro No. 2, , Punta Cana
Comparison: about average
More Reviews (17)
- See All Deep Sea Fishing
- See All Horseback Riding along the beach
- See All Beautiful Art Everywhere
- See All Typical Dominican Home
travelgirl3's Related Pages
Punta Cana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Punta Cana, Dominican Republic"
- "Punta Cana"
- "With friends and husband on a great trip"
- "punta cana"
- "A week in paradise"
- "Souvenirs from the Dominican By Umfufu"
- "Beach Life"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Punta Cana
- Hotels in Punta Cana
- Transportation in Punta Cana
- Nightlife in Punta Cana
- Restaurants in Punta Cana
- Shopping in Punta Cana
- Warnings and Dangers in Punta Cana
- See All...
Explore the World
- Howard Johnson Inn - Bartonsville (Route 611 Hwy 80 Exit 302.)
- All Seasons Perth
- Best Western Alpine Lodge
- The Big Sleep Hotel
- Hipotels Natura Palace
- Grand Mercure Allegra Hervey Bay
- Sighientu Village Hotel
- La Cima Hotel
- Ibis Paris CDG Terminal Roissy
- Le Marabout Hotel
- SunSwept Condominiums
- Days Inn University Dr. Fort Worth
- Tallwood Motel
- La Quinta Inn Hattiesburg
Badges & Stats in Punta Cana
- 19 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 17 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Punta Cana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Punta Cana
Photos in Punta CanaSee All Photos (21)
Read real reviews about Punta Cana Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- San Diego Intro, 26 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arenal Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos
- Great Guana Cay Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Punta Cana Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Bodie Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Devils Postpile National Monument Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Niagara-on-the-Lake Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Snorkeling and Scuba- 11 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Altos de Chavon- 6 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Beach- 14 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Isla Saona- 9 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Daytrips- 6 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Manati Park- 5 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Parasailing- 3 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Jurassic Safari- 6 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Horseback Riding- 2 Reviews, 4 Photos
- ATV- 2 Reviews, 1 Photos
See All Punta Cana Things to Do