"Fire Island is Not All Gay" Fire Island by latmedia
Fire Island Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 16 photos
I am very fortunate to own a house on Fire Island, the strip of beach that parallels Long Island, east of NYC. I go there most weekends in the summer, to do absolutely nothing.
Getting to the island is one of the best parts of the trip, as no cars are allowed on the island and you need to take a ferry from the mainland to get there. Once you're on the ferry, you immediately feel like you're in a different world and stress is lessened.
Every July 4th, the Pines, which is the primary gay area of the island, has an event called The Landing, where drag queens get on a ferry and invade the Pines. It's quite a spectacle, as gay men of all ages, shapes and sizes wear their female finery to stroll down the main walk by the ferry dock. It's always a blast.
latmedia's Related Pages
Fire Island Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Fire Island
- 0 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Fire Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fire Island
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 18 reviews, 39 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 1 review, 7 photos, 5 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Barcelona 1 review, 5 photos
- Madrid Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Egypt Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Argentina 5 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fire Island Intro, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- England Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.