"Kempten" Top 5 Page for this destination Kempten by grayfo
Kempten Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 251 photos
Kempten is located on the River Iller in the Allgäu, Bavaria and is the centre of a dairy region that is widely known for its cheeses. Among the city's manufactures are textiles, paper, and beer. Of Celtic origin, Kempten became a flourishing Roman colony called Cambodunum. Kempten passed to Bavaria in 1803.
Kempten was an Imperial city in medieval times and this has given it the right to use the imperial eagle in its arms. In 1818 the city was combined with the Imperial Abbey of Kempten and the new arms showed the imperial eagle from the city arms, and a tower taken from the arms of the Abbey.
Kempten has been both a Celtic and Roman Town, but because it was mentioned by the Greek geographer Strabon, Kempten (a... more travel advice
The fountain in front of the town hall is a copy built in 1993 from an original dating back to 1601. more travel advice
grayfo's Related Pages
Kempten Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to my hometown"
- "VT meeting in Kempten"
- "Euromeet 2012 Premeet in Kempten"
- "Kempten in Bavaria"
- "Bonio's visit to Kempten"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kempten
- Hotels in Kempten
- Transportation in Kempten
- Restaurants in Kempten
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kempten
- 9 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Kempten?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kempten
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 38 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 37 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Leamington Spa Intro, 34 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kos Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marostica Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues