Atlanta Things to Do Tips by grayfo
Atlanta Things to Do: 484 reviews and 777 photos
The Georgia Aquarium is advertised as the world's largest aquarium with a capacity of more than 8 million gallons of fresh and marina water. The Georgia Aquarium was a $250 million gift to the community from Home Depot co-founder, Bernie Marcus and is also the only facility outside of Asia to house whale sharks. The Aquarium also features a range of species from beluga whales, which are found in the Arctic region, to catfish native to Georgia.
Child (3-12): $19.50
Senior (65+): $21.50
Sunday to Friday: 10 am to 5 pm
Saturday: 9 am to 6 pm
See My Travelogue for more photos.
Address: 255 Baker Street, NW Atlanta, GA 30313
Directions: Located adjacent to the Centennial Olympic Park
Phone: +1 (404) 581-4000
The Atlanta CityPass is booklet of admission tickets designed to fit in a pocket – contains admission to Atlanta’s most-visited attractions and landmarks at a 50% saving. Included in the booklet are the tickets with attraction information, transportation directions, a map and best times to visit. With a CityPass, you will not have to wait in queues at most of the attractions.
The attractions included are: -
1. Georgia Aquarium
2. World of Coca-Cola
3. Inside CNN Studio Tour
4. High Museum of Art or Fernbank Museum of Natural History
5. Zoo Atlanta or Atlanta History Center
Cost as of September 2012
Adult (Over 13): $69.00
Children (3-12): $49.00
CityPass booklets are valid for nine consecutive days beginning with the first day of use.
Phone: +1 (208) 787-4300
The global headquarters of CNN (Cable News Network) and Turner Broadcasting (The Parent Company) is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Atlanta. Visitors get the chance to go behind the scenes of CNN’s international networks on the CNN Studio Tour for a view of the Global Headquarters of CNN, being able to browse through over 25 years of CNN footage and even include a bird’s eye view of the newsroom in action.
Child (4-18): $10
Senior (65+): $12
Children 3 and under are free, but must have a ticket.
Sunday to Saturday: 9 am to 5 pm
Tours departing every 10 minutes
Address: 1 CNN Center, Marietta Street, Atlanta, GA 30303
Directions: Corner of Marietta Street and Techwood Drive
Phone: +1 404-827-2300
Less than twenty years ago, the area that is now Centennial Olympic Park was a run-down part of town. It was decided to convert this land for visitors and residents to enjoy during the 1996 Centennial Olympic Games and for future generations.
After the Olympic Games, a large part of the park was closed and redesigned for daily public use. The park is now used for a variety of events, including the Fourth of July Celebration, Wednesday Wind Down concert series and Fourth Saturday Family Fun Days.
Address: 285 International Blvd NW, Atlanta, GA 30313
Phone: +1 404-223-4636
This sculpture is a tribute to the French aristocrat Pierre de Coubertin (1863-1937) who was the founder of the modern Olympic Games. The monument features the Olympic rings with the baron stepping through two Greek columns. As Coubertin once said, “The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not winning, but taking part.”
Directions: Centennial Olympic Park
More Reviews (2)
grayfo's Related Pages
Atlanta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Monuments"
- "Big city livin in the South"
- "Atlanta & Coca Cola"
- "atlanta georgia"
- "Atlanta - full of surprises"
- "Capital of the South"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Atlanta
- Hotels in Atlanta
- Transportation in Atlanta
- Nightlife in Atlanta
- Restaurants in Atlanta
- Shopping in Atlanta
- Warnings and Dangers in Atlanta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Atlanta
- 7 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Atlanta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Atlanta
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 38 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 37 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Leamington Spa Intro, 35 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kos Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marostica Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 21 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (51)
- Stone Mountain- 42 Reviews, 69 Photos
- World of Coca-Cola- 38 Reviews, 60 Photos
- Underground- 27 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Centennial Park- 27 Reviews, 53 Photos
- Georgia Aquarium- 23 Reviews, 45 Photos
- CNN Center- 36 Reviews, 54 Photos
- Martin Luther King Center- 20 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Atlanta Braves - Turner Field- 16 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Zoo- 10 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Cyclorama- 13 Reviews, 12 Photos
See All Atlanta Things to Do