"Sluis" Sluis by grayfo
Sluis Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 66 photos
Sluis, an ancient and historic fortified port, is today a lively tourist centre with over 100 shops open seven days a week. Sluis has been a city since 1290 and today is very popular with tourists, especially from Belgium due to its proximity with the border and its convenient location to the Dutch or Belgian coast, the Belgian cities of Bruges and Ghent, and even northern France.
Official Website (Dutch)
Visit Sluis (Dutch)
The coat of arms consists of a horizontal divide two thirds down, the upper panel has a blue diagonal ban left to right, in the upper silver panel is a black castle consisting of a gate covered with doors and two side towers with horn blowers rising from the top. In the lower left gold panel is a red fortress with raised portcullis. The lower band consists of red and silver wavy cross bars. The supporters are, two red lions facing in with blue tongues and claws, the lions are standing on a blue nailed decorative. The arms are topped by a gold crown with nineteen pearls and red and blue gems.
grayfo's Related Pages
Sluis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful city of Sluis.."
- "Sluis in Zeeland"
- "Fortified town in the west of Zeeland"
- "A fun day trip from Belgium"
- "PLEASE MOVE ON TO OTHER PAGES"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sluis
- Transportation in Sluis
- Restaurants in Sluis
- Shopping in Sluis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sluis
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Sluis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sluis
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 38 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 37 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Leamington Spa Intro, 34 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kos Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marostica Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 20 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues