"Venlo" Top 5 Page for this destination Venlo by grayfo
Venlo Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 92 photos
Venlo is a city in the south-eastern Netherlands that straddles the Maas (Meuse) River, near the German border. It is situated in the province of Limburg, near the German border. Venlo was formerly a fortress city that changed hands during the wars of the 16th, 17th, and 18th century.
Must see sights/attractions include: the Dominican Chapel, the Limburgs Museum, the Museum van Bommel van Dam, St Martinuskerk church, the Town Hall and St Joriskerk church to name but a few.
Did You Know
People who live in or who come from Venlo are called Venloër, Venlonaar or Venloënaar
In 2003 Venlo was awarded the title "Greenest city of Europe"
The coat of arms consists of a shield in blue with the top half of a crowned gold lion with its red tongue showing above the lower half of a gold anchor. To either side of the shield are knights in armour with orange sashes and plumes of red, white and blue. Each is carrying a gold lance with silver point, from both are flying red pennants with the same shields from the arms displayed. To the bottom of the arms is the motto “FESTINA SPRING CAUTA FAC OMNIA MENTE” in gold letters on a blue ribbon.
These arms were granted in March 2004.
Klagenfurt - Austria
The flag of Venlo is taken from the shield in the city coat of arms and consists of a red and blue divided horizontally background, the red upper half portrays with the top half of a crowned gold lion with its red tongue showing, whilst the blue lower half shows the lower half of a gold anchor.
- In a nutshell:Motto: Festina Spring Cauta Fac Omnia Mente (Connecting hearts & minds)
Construction of the then Franciscan church started in 1614 and took 3 years to complete; the church was unofficially... more travel advice
The complex has recently changed its name, previously it was Taurus but is now known as The Adventure World of Taurus... more travel advice
grayfo's Related Pages
Venlo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brief Stop at the Central Train Station"
- "Venlo, a Limburg province town"
- "Just one (wet) overnight stay"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Venlo
- Hotels in Venlo
- Transportation in Venlo
- Restaurants in Venlo
- Shopping in Venlo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Venlo
- 15 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (57)
Have you been to Venlo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Venlo
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 38 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 37 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Leamington Spa Intro, 35 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kos Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marostica Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 21 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues