"Gyõr" Top 5 Page for this destination Gyor by grayfo
Gyor Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 278 photos
Gyõr, the city of three rivers (called Arrabona at Roman times) is the most important city in Northwest-Hungary, the capital of Gyõr-Moson-Sopron County. Gyõr is on one of the main roads through Central Europe and is situated halfway between Budapest and Vienna. The city is the sixth largest in Hungary and claims to be the second richest in historic buildings outside of Budapest.
Gyõr is known as the “City of Rivers”
Gyõr Tourist Information
The coat-of-arms is halved and to the left on a blue background is the first martyr St Stephen, the top right half shows a fortified town in silver against a blue background whilst the bottom right is a red background with three wavy lines representing the rivers Danube, Rába and Rábca. Above the arms is a five-pointed open crown adorned by gems, symbolising the free royal borough and the whole arms are supported by palm leaves.
It’s Sunday night at 10:15 we have just booked into the hotel and we are hungry, all the restaurants in Gyõr seem to... more travel advice
Károly Kisfaludy, born 1788 was a well known Hungarian dramatist and artist, the first Hungarian playwright to achieve... more travel advice
grayfo's Related Pages
Gyor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Proud and Stately Gyor"
- "How to make REAL Goulash"
- "Charming Győr-city of the corner-balconies"
- "Attractive, interesting, and undiscovered"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gyor
- Hotels in Gyor
- Transportation in Gyor
- Nightlife in Gyor
- Restaurants in Gyor
- Shopping in Gyor
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gyor
- 15 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Gyor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gyor
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 38 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 37 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Leamington Spa Intro, 34 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kos Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marostica Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues