"Knossos" Knosos by grayfo
Knosos Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 91 photos
The Minoan Palace of Knossos is Crete’s premier tourist attraction and lies about 5 km south of the centre of Iraklion along the road to Archanes. A bus service (KNOSSOS) is available from Iraklion main bus station by the port. Official guides are available and it is a simple task to find one taking an English speaking party. An alternative is to wander at random; it’s not hard to find most of the highlights simply by watching where the guided tours are stopping for explanations. A note of caution, try to avoid going on a hot day, as the ruins are short on shelter.
These were the storage jars "pithoi" for the palace, primarily holding all of the olive oil necessary to light the many... more travel advice
The Palace is not ideal for wheelchair users, however raised walkways have been erected around most of the site to... more travel advice
grayfo's Related Pages
Knosos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Knosos ... visual guide through the history"
- "Ancient ruins"
- "Fabled Knossos of the Minoan Empire"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Knosos
- 4 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (61)
Have you been to Knosos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Knosos
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 40 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 36 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Leamington Spa Intro, 38 reviews, 59 photos, 6 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 37 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- England Intro, 29 reviews, 33 photos
- Kos Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues