"Paralimni" Paralimni by grayfo
Paralimni Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 13 photos
Paralimni is situated in the South East of Cyprus, a little way inland. Within the town square are three churches and an open-air theatre. The most interesting church is the oldest. It is open to the public and now serves as a museum. A number of quiet bars and cafés can be found in and around the square. These make a very pleasant change from the noisy English disco-bars of Ayia Napa and the moronic banter of the English DJs.
The name of the town means “by the lake” from when Paralimni was located by the shores of a lake that only filled throughout the winter months.
Official Town Website
The logo is for Enosis Neon Paralimni "Youth Union of Paralimni" who is a Cypriot football team from Paralimni and currently plays in the first division, the club hold their home games at the Paralimni Municipal Stadium "Tasos Marcou". The club’s emblem is the Parthenon, with a trumpeter and the year 1936 inscription, birth year of the club Heracles a club that merged with another to form Enosis Neon Paralimni.
Historically, Paralimni was built on the shores of a shallow lake, which filled with water only in the wintertime. The... more travel advice
St George is the patent saint of Paralimni and this one of two to bear the saints name and was built in 19th... more travel advice
grayfo's Related Pages
Paralimni Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A beautiful modern ortodox church"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paralimni
- Hotels in Paralimni
- Transportation in Paralimni
- Nightlife in Paralimni
- Restaurants in Paralimni
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paralimni
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Paralimni?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paralimni
Photos in ParalimniSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 40 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 36 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Leamington Spa Intro, 38 reviews, 59 photos, 6 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 37 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- England Intro, 29 reviews, 33 photos
- Kos Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues