"Blankenburg - Blankenberge" Blankenberge by grayfo
Blankenberge Travel Guide: 72 reviews and 224 photos
Blankenburg has more to offer than nice beaches. Everybody will enjoy a walk through the busy shopping streets of the centre of the city. In earlier times Blankenburg was nothing more than a small fishermen village at the coast, the picturesque harbour at the west end of the resort is now used by yachts rather than fishing boats. Because of its rather strategic position, the little village was often plundered and destroyed. Another problem was that the sea sometimes proved to be not only a source of income, but also a source of destruction through flooding. It was in the 19th century that the small town became one of the first Belgian seaside-resorts visited by tourists. Around 1850 the first (but not the last) hotels were constructed.
The Blankenburg crest consists of a shield with a silver horizontal band on a background of black; at the base are three mountains (Blankenberge means white/clear Mountains. On top of the shield is a gold crown with five turrets. The arms were granted by royal decree on January 9, 1841 and confirmed on October 13, 1987.
MSC Class Coastal Minesweeper Adjutant Class Motor Minesweeper that was laid down as AMS-170 by the Consolidated... more travel advice
Capacity: 600 cars Sunday to Saturday: 9:00 am to 7:00 pm 6.00 Euro per day / 8.00 Euro in July and August Leopold... more travel advice
grayfo's Related Pages
Blankenberge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "B L A N K E N B E R G E.....The North Sea"
- "Not far from home, but very beautiful"
- "Blankenberge-a daytrip to the belgian coast"
- "Highrisers parallel to the Northsea"
- "Sand and sea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Blankenberge
- Hotels in Blankenberge
- Transportation in Blankenberge
- Nightlife in Blankenberge
- Restaurants in Blankenberge
- Shopping in Blankenberge
- Warnings and Dangers in Blankenberge
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Blankenberge
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Blankenberge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blankenberge
- Posted in Travel Majorca Island Forum "Re: beer are lager in majorca"
- updated a Blankenberge Travel Page "Blankenburg - Blankenberge"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Blankenburg - Blankenberge"
- Wrote a Review M923 Blankenberge in Blankenberge Local Customs
- Commented on one of kylian74's Blankenberge travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 38 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 37 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Leamington Spa Intro, 34 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kos Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marostica Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 20 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues