Birmingham Shopping Tips by grayfo Top 5 Page for this destination
Birmingham Shopping: 50 reviews and 52 photos
The Bull Ring Open Market provides a lively and attractive selection of goods with each stall being designed to entice shoppers and the browsers. It also has wide covered isles offer easy access for disabled shoppers and families whatever the weather.
The closest car park is Edgbaston Street – Dudley Street (850 Spaces), a two minute walk away.
9:00 am to 5:00 pm
What to buy: 130 purpose built stalls sell a large variety of products including fresh fruit and vegetables, dry goods, clothes, decorative objects, toys, crafts and spices.
Address: Edgbaston Street, Birmingham B5 4QL
Directions: The market is located next to the Rag market and Indoor market in the heart of the city centre
Phone: +44 (0) 121 464 8349
The Rag Market is probably the oldest and most famous of the various Birmingham Markets with the current Rag Market opening in December 2000 as part of a major redevelopment of the Bullring shopping area and replacing a previous Rag Market which had stood on the same site for many years.
Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am to 5.30 pm
What to buy: There are 350 stalls and additional perimeter shops in the market, selling fabrics, haberdashery, sewing and craft materials and textile products.
Address: 50 Edgbaston Street, Birmingham B5 4RB
Directions: The Rag Market is located in the heart of the city
Phone: +44 (0) 121 464 8349
The Frankfurt Christmas Market in Birmingham is the Largest and Longest Christmas Market outside of Germany, spreading across most of the city’s important squares and continuing for over a month. Now (2015) in its fifteenth year the market generates an incredible atmosphere and a unique shopping experience, creating the feel of a small, bustling village within the heart of the city centre. Since 2005 the Market has also incorporated the Craft Fair which gives visitors the chance to browse an entirely different selection of items crafted by local artisans, as well as goods imported from all over the world by local traders.
Again this year is the return of the outdoor ice skating rink in front of the Birmingham Repertory Theatre on Broad Street until 4 January.
Annually, usually from around second week in November to end of December.
Christmas 2015: From November 12 to December 22
Sunday to Saturday: 10:00 am to 9:00 pm
November 2012, updated June 2015
What to buy: The market has over 190 stalls including the Craft fair, selling traditional handmade toys, Christmas decorations, jewellery, and crafts, along with the delights of German mulled wine (Gluhwein), grilled sausages, vegetarian options, pretzels, German beer, and for those with a sweet tooth, gingerbread, crepes and marzipan sweets.
What to pay: Various
Directions: The Markets spread across Victoria Square, Chamberlain Square and New Street, with other activities around the city.
Phone: +44 (0) 121 303 3008
Theme: Local Craft
The New Birmingham Bull Ring Shopping Centre was built at a cost of £800 million and houses over 160 shops and more that 25 restaurants. The Bull Ring was the largest retail regeneration project in Europe.
The Bullring is open until 8pm, six nights a week, with some restaurants open until 11pm.
Address: Bullring, Birmingham B5 4BU
Directions: The Bullring is located in the heart of Birmingham City Centre
Phone: +44 (0) 121 6321 500
More Reviews (20)
- March - Crufts
- See All Birmingham City Football Club
- See All Monument – Chamberlain Memorial
grayfo's Related Pages
Birmingham Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Birmingham, England ~~~~ original brum!"
- "Big Bad Brum, now Big Bling Brum"
- "Birmingham: My Home!"
- "~ A Weekend In Birmingham ~"
- "J_P_B's Birmingham Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Birmingham
- Hotels in Birmingham
- Transportation in Birmingham
- Nightlife in Birmingham
- Restaurants in Birmingham
- Shopping in Birmingham
- Warnings and Dangers in Birmingham
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Birmingham
- 24 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Birmingham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Birmingham
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 40 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 36 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Leamington Spa Intro, 38 reviews, 59 photos, 6 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 37 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- England Intro, 29 reviews, 33 photos
- Kos Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (56)
- Cadbury World- 11 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Bullring- 24 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Victoria Square- 18 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Canals- 12 Reviews, 25 Photos
- West Midland Safari Park - Daytrip- 4 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Botanical Gardens- 6 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Chamberlain Square- 11 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Museum & Art Gallery- 14 Reviews, 21 Photos
- National Sealife Centre- 8 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Star City- 2 Reviews, 5 Photos
See All Birmingham Things to Do