Birmingham Shopping Tips by grayfo Top 5 Page for this destination
Birmingham Shopping: 48 reviews and 50 photos
The Frankfurt Christmas Market in Birmingham is the Biggest and Longest Christmas Market outside of Germany. Now (2012) in its twelfth year the market generates an incredible atmosphere and a unique shopping experience, creating the feel of a small, bustling village within the heart of the city centre. Since 2005 the Market has also incorporated the Craft Fair which gives visitors the chance to browse an entirely different selection of items crafted by local artisans, as well as goods imported from all over the world by local traders.
Annually, usually from around second week in November to end of December.
Sunday to Saturday: 10:00 am to 9:00 pm
What to buy: The market has over 190 stalls including the Craft fair, selling traditional handmade toys, Christmas decorations, jewellery, and crafts, along with the delights of German mulled wine (Gluhwein), grilled sausages, vegetarian options, pretzels, German beer, and for those with a sweet tooth, gingerbread, crepes and marzipan sweets.
What to pay: Various
Address: Victoria Sq, New St, Centenary Sq & Chamberlain Sq
Phone: +44 (0) 121 303 3008
Theme: Local Craft
The New Birmingham Bull Ring Shopping Centre was built at a cost of £800 million and houses over 160 shops and more that 25 restaurants. The Bull Ring was the largest retail regeneration project in Europe.
The Bullring is open until 8pm, six nights a week, with some restaurants open until 11pm.
Address: Bullring, Birmingham B5 4BU
Directions: The Bullring is located in the heart of Birmingham City Centre
Phone: +44 (0) 121 6321 500
More Reviews (20)
- March - Crufts
- See All Birmingham City Football Club
- See All Monument – Chamberlain Memorial
grayfo's Related Pages
Birmingham Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Birmingham, England ~~~~ original brum!"
- "Big Bad Brum, now Big Bling Brum"
- "Birmingham: My Home!"
- "~ A Weekend In Birmingham ~"
- "J_P_B's Birmingham Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Birmingham
- Hotels in Birmingham
- Transportation in Birmingham
- Nightlife in Birmingham
- Restaurants in Birmingham
- Shopping in Birmingham
- Warnings and Dangers in Birmingham
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Birmingham
- 22 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (57)
Have you been to Birmingham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Birmingham
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 38 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 37 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Leamington Spa Intro, 35 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kos Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marostica Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 21 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (51)
- Cadbury World- 12 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Victoria Square- 18 Reviews, 36 Photos
- Bull Ring- 20 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Canals- 11 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Museum & Art Gallery- 11 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Chamberlain Square- 11 Reviews, 20 Photos
- National Sealife Centre- 7 Reviews, 6 Photos
- West Midland Safari Park- 4 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Jewellery Quarter- 5 Reviews, 5 Photos
- National Exhibition Centre - NEC- 8 Reviews, 8 Photos
See All Birmingham Things to Do