"Caerphilly - Caerffili" Caerphilly by grayfo
Caerphilly Travel Guide: 122 reviews and 420 photos
Caerphilly is located in the heart of South Wales and was traditionally in the county of Glamorgan and later became part of Mid-Glamorgan which was abolished in 1996 and then became part of the preserved county of South Glamorgan. In 2003 the ceremonial borders were further adjusted, placing the entire Caerphilly county borough into the preserved county of Gwent. Virtual Tourist places Caerphilly in Mid-Glamorgan so for the sack of tidiness that will do for me.
County Borough Website
Tourist Information Centre
The coat of arms consists of an ermine shield with a blue invected chevron which symbolises the area's natural beauty and rivers. The castle shown represents Caerphilly castle and for the Borough's history in general. The red dragon of Wales holds a Celtic wheel cross and rises from a green crown that represents Gwent county council. The supporters are taken from Islwyn's arms, the clarion from Mid Glamorgan's arms and the fleur-de-lis from Gwent's. The cressets symbolise the traditional heavy industries of the district.
- Pros:Caerphilly Castle
- Cons:The Rain
- In a nutshell:More Than Just Cheese
The friendly staff offer independent advice with the planning of routes and the booking of accommodation and also give... more travel advice
Tommy Cooper - thought by many to be the greatest comedian of his generation - was born in Caerphilly on 19th March,... more travel advice
grayfo's Related Pages
Caerphilly Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Caerphilly - Famous for its' Castle and Cheese..."
- "Caerphilly Rains"
- "ordinary town with a medieval castle!"
- "Caerphilly - famous for two things!"
- "Home of the cheese and the castle"
- "Caerphilly, famed for cheese and leaning castle"
- "Caerphilly - Caerffili"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Caerphilly
- Transportation in Caerphilly
- Restaurants in Caerphilly
- Shopping in Caerphilly
- Warnings and Dangers in Caerphilly
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Caerphilly
- 10 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (57)
Have you been to Caerphilly?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Caerphilly
Photos in CaerphillySee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 38 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 37 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Leamington Spa Intro, 35 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kos Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marostica Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 21 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues