"Coventry" Top 5 Page for this destination Coventry by grayfo
Coventry Travel Guide: 199 reviews and 411 photos
Coventry previously in Warwickshire and now part of the West Midlands is the largest City in the Warwickshire area. The city developed as the centre of the British Motor Industry and as such has suffered more than most places with the decline of manufacturing.
Coventry was the target of large scale bombing during the Second World War where much of the centre was destroyed. The city suffered heavy casualties, whilst Whitehall kept their knowledge of the oncoming raids a secret to protect the fact that they had broken the Enigma coding machines secrets. The re-building of Coventry since has included a spectacular new Cathedral architecture in the shadow of the ruined older Cathedral.
People who live in or who come from Coventry are called Coventrians.
Coventry Council Website
The coat of arms consists of a shield that is vertically divided red and green, in its centre is a gold Elephant standing and carrying on his back a gold triple-towered castle. The knight's helmet supports a standing cat facing left. The supporters consists of to the left side a black eagle with its wings elevated and pointing backwards with its red tongue visible and having red legs, on the right side is a golden Phoenix with its wings elevated and pointing backwards with its red tongue visible and standing in flames.
The arms were granted 10th February 1959.
Arnhem - Netherlands
Belgrade - Serbia
Bologna - Italy
Caen - France
Cork - Ireland
Cornwall - Canada
Coventry, Connecticut - USA
Coventry, New York - USA
Coventry, Rhode Island - USA
Dresden - Germany
Dunaújváros - Hungary
Galati - Romania
Granby - Canada
Graz - Austria
Jinan - China
Kecskemét - Hungary
Kiel - Germany
Kingston - Jamaica
Lidice – Czech Republic
Ostrava - Canada
Parkes - Australia
Pernik - Bulgaria
Saint-Étienne - France
Sarajevo – Bosnia and Herzegovina
Volgograd (Stalingrad) - Russia
Warsaw - Poland
Windsor - Canada
- Pros:Coventry City Football Club
- In a nutshell:Motto: The Prince's Chamber
LMS 46240 Coronation Class The LMS Coronation Class was a group of express passenger steam locomotives designed by... more travel advice
Family restaurant that operates under the Chef and Brewer chain the Old Mill Inn is a converted watermill whose origins... more travel advice
grayfo's Related Pages
Coventry Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Home Town"
- "Coventry is no longer a ghost town"
- "Why visit Coventry?"
- "Just a Glimpse of Coventry"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Coventry
- Hotels in Coventry
- Transportation in Coventry
- Nightlife in Coventry
- Restaurants in Coventry
- Shopping in Coventry
- Warnings and Dangers in Coventry
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Coventry
- 16 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Coventry?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coventry
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 38 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 37 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Leamington Spa Intro, 34 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kos Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marostica Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues