"Mevagissey" Top 5 Page for this destination Mevagissey by grayfo
Mevagissey Travel Guide: 58 reviews and 115 photos
Mevagissey is a picturesque little fishing town situated on the southern coast of Cornwall making it an ideal base from which to explore, Meva-ag-issey, means "Meva and Issey". The town of St Meva and St Issey were first recorded as a hamlet in 1313. This beautiful village is has narrow streets lined by slate buildings that lead to the twin harbours which was once the centre of the county’s pilchard fishing industry. Although Mevagissey still retains its traditional character, nowadays it has a selection of top quality pubs, restaurants and shops.
Some kind of celebration has been held in Mevagissey for hundreds of years and was originally held in December. However... more travel advice
An outer harbour was added in 1888, but the walls and lighthouse were washed away in the great blizzard in 1891. The... more travel advice
grayfo's Related Pages
Mevagissey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mevagissey, Cornwall"
- "Classic Cornish Coastal Village"
- "A Quaint Fishing village"
- "Mevagissey Harbour"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mevagissey
- Hotels in Mevagissey
- Transportation in Mevagissey
- Nightlife in Mevagissey
- Restaurants in Mevagissey
- Shopping in Mevagissey
- Warnings and Dangers in Mevagissey
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mevagissey
- 8 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (57)
Have you been to Mevagissey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mevagissey
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 38 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 37 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Leamington Spa Intro, 35 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kos Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marostica Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 21 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues